Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Star Wars: Battlefront - What are your thoughts on the new game?

last reply
9 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a fan of the first 2 Battlefront games. They were a great way to experience combat within the Star Wars universe (minus the clunky aircraft controls). So I was excited when EA announced that DICE would be making the new Battlefront. From the footage I have seen, the game looks great and will mostly be a success. My only complaint is the lack of single player campaign. I'd like to have the option of playing offline by myself.

EA's COO stated that a single player campaign wasn't added because players who play games like this don't want to play single player. I disagree with that statement. A lot of comments I see online from gamers claim that he and EA are "out of touch with gamers".

So without a single player campaign, we only have player vs player and a few co op maps. What do all of you think about that?
~EMP2~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The way I look at it is that the original two games "single player" was just multiplayer with AI instead of players, there might have been a set order that you had to hit the plants up but other than that its pretty much just an instant action thing.
Lurker
0 likes
I want to see both. A single player mode and online. GTA, done a great job doing both.
Lurker
0 likes
It looks very pretty, but I was not impressed when they announced there wasn’t going to be either a proper single player campaign or the Galactic Conquest mode. Galactic Conquest made the first two games.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
So far not impressed. Played the previous edition of the beta (or alpha I can't remember) and nothing has really changed, it seems so lacking in every aspect.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I played the Beta and it was better than I expected, despite so many features being turned off for the beta. I will be getting it for Christmas.
~EMP2~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No single player, forget it
Bullet Club For Life
Lurker
0 likes
It’s half a game. Okay, the multiplayer is generally fun, and it looks and sounds STUNNING, but the game is as shallow as a teaspoon.

As everyone knows, there is no single player campaign and therefore no story. The single player modes which are there are pretty much brief, scaled down versions of the online battles.

As for multiplayer, some modes are better than others, but regardless of that, there are way too few maps. Even with the new ‘Battle of Jakku’ update, there are still only five planets included. And if you hate to be killed within ten seconds of spawning, I’d avoid certain online modes like the plague. Twenty vs. twenty sounds fun, but because the maps are so small, you’re looking at insta-death pretty much all the time.

So although I cannot deny that I’ve been having fun with it, overall it’s pretty underwhelming.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't find myself playing it unless I have a couple friends in a party. It's the only way I can play the new one. Otherwise I don't play it for weeks at a time.