Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Old game series that needs to be redone.

last reply
28 replies
4.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Not really old, but X Men Legends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Freedom Force, that's one of my favorite series of all time. Also Fear Effect and Legacy of Kain. If you count a return to form for Resident Evil, then I'd like to see another in the classic formula of static cameras and tank-like movement. Hell, while I'm thinking about the Dreamcast, how about Tech Romancer and Power Stone.

Holy crap, I play way too many video games.
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One thing I have noticed is that quite a few games are getting remastered. TMNT 4: Turtles in Time got a PS3 remaster; Ducktales got a remaster; Double Dragon also got a remaster. If I had to pick a series, I'd like to see a new F-Zero and a new Pilotwings. With today's gaming technology, both of these games would be stunning.
~EMP2~
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
If they really wanted to revamp an old video game series... then look into Zork. Those of us "older" folks know the game I'm referring to. It was the one of the original RPG that forced us to use our imagination... A LOT!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
If they really wanted to revamp an old video game series... then look into Zork. Those of us "older" folks know the game I'm referring to. It was the one of the original RPG that forced us to use our imagination... A LOT!

I was sooooo going to post that!

Can we also add some oldies like Pitfall or River Raid?
Lurker
0 likes
The Elderscrolls series, Bethesda is too wrapped up in online play to revamp it so that the mod manager actually works; a shame as the modders did such a magnificent job of expanding it and added so many elements to it... that now cannot be utilized.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Emporer2
One thing I have noticed is that quite a few games are getting remastered. TMNT 4: Turtles in Time got a PS3 remaster; Ducktales got a remaster; Double Dragon also got a remaster. If I had to pick a series, I'd like to see a new F-Zero and a new Pilotwings. With today's gaming technology, both of these games would be stunning.

I agree with F-Zero. F-Zero and F-Zero X were amazing.

Also, Syndicate. And I don’t mean the FPS so-called reboot that came out a few years ago, but a proper update of the strategy game from the mid-nineties.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by MarinaC
I was sooooo going to post that!

Can we also add some oldies like Pitfall or River Raid?

Great minds think alike. And yours are good picks as well.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would want to see legend of dragoon come out again. Maybe with a massive mutliplayer world, but I would be happy just with it being remastered.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If we're sticking to series, my favorite old one has already been redone. Praise 2K for XCOM.

One game I'd like to see a remake of though, keeping it's fantastic artistic style, is The Last Express. Although, to be fair, the game still looks fantastic to this day.
Lurker
0 likes
Not really a series, but Outlaws was an epic game. Have returned to it from time to time. Old western game where when you reloaded your revolver you got in two bullets each time. Rifle was one shot each reload. No cross hair, meaning you had to aim with your actual gun. It was great.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Arcanum with a better controllsystem would be awesome
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jasmine_x
Crash Bandicoot, and I reckon Army of Two which came out about a decade ago should be remade. Was such a great game.

The Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1 were great, and I have Wrath of Cortex on the original Xbox. I really enjoy 3D platformers, so a Crash Bandicoot reboot would be most welcome.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Destroy All Humans series.
0 likes
Quote by Varrick
The Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1 were great, and I have Wrath of Cortex on the original Xbox. I really enjoy 3D platformers, so a Crash Bandicoot reboot would be most welcome.

Quote by Jasmine_x
Crash Bandicoot, and I reckon Army of Two which came out about a decade ago should be remade. Was such a great game.

Totally agree with you both and re Crash Bandicoot and am so excited for the remaster in 2017. Now I wish they would do the original Spyro games as well because I also loved them.

Also I know exclusivity of the Mario and Zelda universes (and them being Nintendo) is about the only thing keeping Nintendo afloat but it's the worst console to play on and yet the only one with these franchises. I would personally love to see both migrate to Xbox!!
0 likes
Oh, and psychonauts!!! Not that 10yrs is ages old, but with Psychonauts 2 set for 2018 I'd love a remaster for the current gen consoles.
Lurker
0 likes
A couple of games I've never heard of, and a couple I couldn't agree any less on. I thought Army of Two was pretty shite, to be honest.

My favourite game of all time, the one I played over and over again, was 'Driver' for the Playstation 1.

They've done four or five of them now, but none was a match for that original. The story line was just fantastic (I think the best I'd certainly seen at that point), and the gameplay was fun and the settings was fantastic. An update of that driving only game would get me excited for sure
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover
My favourite game of all time, the one I played over and over again, was 'Driver' for the Playstation 1.

They've done four or five of them now, but none was a match for that original. The story line was just fantastic (I think the best I'd certainly seen at that point), and the gameplay was fun and the settings was fantastic. An update of that driving only game would get me excited for sure

I agree, I had plenty of fun times with that game back in the day. The coolest part for me was trying to create a badass car chase and then watching the replay; the car physics were particularly entertaining (especially while driving in San Francisco, haha).

I don't remember much of the storyline, but I do remember that the missions were surprisingly nonrepetitive for such a basic gameplay. Many modern game developers should actually learn from these old classics: producing compelling games with a simple, yet effective concept.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I agree, I had plenty of fun times with that game back in the day. The coolest part for me was trying to create a badass car chase and then watching the replay; the car physics were particularly entertaining (especially while driving in San Francisco, haha).

I don't remember much of the storyline, but I do remember that the missions were surprisingly nonrepetitive for such a basic gameplay. Many modern game developers should actually learn from these old classics: producing compelling games with a simple, yet effective concept.

Honestly, I think I could go through it scene by scene....such a great story/game. I'd say it was way ahead of it's time, as I wasn't aware of any game with that sort of in depth cinematic story line at the time, but something that a lot of games have these days.

If you remember (which I do....), 'Tanner' was an ex racing driver who became a 'cop' (as you Americans would say....), and he was then tasked with working undercover as there was going to be a hit on the president. He started taking jobs for criminals, which came in the way of voicemail's being left for him for different jobs (of which he would then select one, which meant that you could play the game two or three times and play different missions every time).

Eventually, he was tasked with driving the presidents car somewhere, but as he was undercover he actually drove the president to safety (and that was the final mission).

Such a good game and a great concept that they ruined by trying to become more like 'GTA'. Only, it was a shit GTA. The second one was okay (but not as good), and the third was forgettable. They redid one a few years ago that was okay, and back to just driving, but the concept was weird (you could take control of any car you wanted....just jump from vehicle to vehicle, which made it far too easy to complete) and the story wasn't nearly as gripping.

Nope, a one of a kind type of game that I would gladly play again if they actually just redid that game but with modern graphics/physics.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - great game with strong planning and tactics part - definitely different that something like COD.
Unfortunately graphics engine is very poor (game made in 1999-2000), and crashe son win 7 64 bit, so remastered version (graphics mainly) highly anticipated smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Crusade in Europe. A very very early Sid Meier game on th C64. Still the best turn based war / strategy game.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Thanks to Trump, the world is finally ready for some updated misogynistic badassery

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've heard that there should be a new Wonder Boy in Monster World and I would love to play that. It was one of the first games I ever played and when I finally beat it 19 years later it was an incredible relief.

A reimagining that combined the Perfect Dark and No One Lives Forever games would be incredibly welcome to me. A mostly-serious, partly-parody spy-based FPS (think three parts James Bond, one part Austin Powers) where you play as an ass-kicking woman with gadget heels and hacking devices in her makeup compact would certainly stand out among the current selection of games. It's a real shame that they never made a third installment of either franchise.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?