Fallout 76

last reply
7 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Did anyone play it? Is it that bad? I recently discovered some Fallout podcasts dramas, that use the 76 lore.
I am a Mandalorian, guns are my religion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh I play Fallout 76 sometimes as well as I like to play Fallout 4
Mana wahine
0 likes
I don't play myself, but I love watching the Let's Plays of Fallout 4, and New Vegas. New Vegas is phenomenal. 76 didn't really catch me or bring me in, but I'd be willing to go back and check it out more.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by laura
I don't play myself, but I love watching the Let's Plays of Fallout 4, and New Vegas. New Vegas is phenomenal. 76 didn't really catch me or bring me in, but I'd be willing to go back and check it out more.
If you enjoy the lore, there are several fan made podcasts
I am a Mandalorian, guns are my religion.
0 likes
Fallout is one of my favorite game series'. I absolutely LOVE 3 (my favorite) and New Vegas was very good as well. 4 was of course phenomenal as well. But 76 just did not do it for me. I tried to play a while after it first came out, and I could not get into it no matter how hard I tried.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Do tell me if I'm getting on a soap box but here's a little background.

Fallout 1 +2 are turnbased isometric classic old school RPGs with stats, skill checks and a world that gives you a few dialogue options on how you interact with others.

Fallout: Tactics is Classic Fallout with both a semi real time (it's just turnbased where the computerU takes your last order as a do until you can't do it anymore) and turn based.

Fallout 3 is a First Person Shooter with RPG elements. Player skill has a much higher effect on the world then the stats the character may have so it draws a different type of player.

Fallout: New Vegas is Classic Fallout bolted onto Fallout 3. The stats really do have an effect on things.

Fallout 76, is Fallout 4 for the MMO generation. The first release had no NPCs, no non user created items and a barely a plot beyond go explore and try not to die.

As an old school RPG nut I LOOOVE the Fallout 1+2 and Tactics releases. I'm not as fast with a trigger finger as I used to be and being able to use probability to help me work out what the best choice is can be very helpful.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas differ in how the world responds to what you do.
Fallout 3, mostly just triggers if a faction will spawn a hit squad to kill you randomly on the maps.
There's a plot to chase down but there's only one end point and you're going through it regardless of your intentions.

New Vegas gives you a feeling that the world you're running around in is alive. If you kick the stuffing out of a faction their troops try to fight in force or run away. Which is a nice thing to see if you get bad ass at it.

I can't really get into Fallout 76, I need a solid mechanics system that overrides my sloppy user skills.
New Vegas is about as good as Fallout gets in my opinion.
I can't shoot for shit but I can crank the AP points up to stupid levels and let VATS take care of mowing down the vermin that attack me.
Or in non Fallout terms. The game has a sort of auto shooter where you can let the game use your character skills to display how likely you are to hit an enemy in a particular spot. If you have lots of AP (action points) you only need to face roughly where the enemy is and press the VATS key. All the enemies light up, shot the odds of you being able to shoot them. So if you have lots of AP you can just let the huge small guns skill make you a lethal sharp shooter even though your mouse skills are feeble.

Then again that's just me. I actively prefer to play solo since it means my game tweaking, occasional cheating and quite terrible aim don't ruin the game for others.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The game is quite good. After the first launches, it was updated, part of the audience remained with it. You can spend time to familiarize yourself. If possible, of course.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Recently I set myself 76. A very fun game, especially in a company. As for a single playthrough, I think it's worth considering here. She still plays better in co-op.