pcos

last reply
3 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do any of the lovely ladies suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome? I like to hear from other women who suffer from this and find out what treatment that that are using to alleviate the symptoms and also to exchange diet tips etc as pcos sufferers know weight gain is one of the more distressing symptoms.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I've been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 9, as my symptoms were more aggressive at an earlier age and that was around the time I had my first menstrual cycle. By the time I was 15, I weighed over 300 lbs and was barely eating. My mother went into a spiral after trying so many different things to stop the weight gain. I was exhausted all the time, the weight continued to come on, the hair continued to grow all over my body

She eventually found Insulite Laboratories online, which is a reputable lab that produces holistic medicines for women with PCOS and other endocrine disorders, as PCOS really has nothing to with the ovaries. It is affect by our high numbers of progesterone and testosterone in our bodies, which takes a toll on our reproductive organs and leaves us more likely to suffer from other things down the road like heart disease and ovarian cancer.

Anyway, we spoke to a doctor at Insulite Labs and we were able to assess what I needed to take in order to manage the symptoms and correct the damage as much as we could. After one year on their medicine, with moderate exercise, and a LOW CARB diet, I lost over 100 lbs without risk of immediate weight rebound. My progesterone and testosterone levels plummeted to normal, my cycles returned, and the cysts burst on their own, becoming less. Both my pediatrician and endo were excited and so glad it was successful!

Tips: Do NOT sleep for more than 8 hours at a time, try your best to eliminate breads, pastas, and empty carbs from your diet, and start out with walking around your neighborhood to exercise and keep active. Also, find an ENDOCRINOLOGIST as their specialty is the endocrine system and monitoring the hormones in our blood.

As of today (almost 17 years later), I am still on the Insulite Lab medicine and under the close watch of my endo until my blood results come back this time around (I've been slacking lately and it's taking a real toll on me). We have to constantly remember that there is no cure for this syndrome and we have to keep on top of it before we end up in a world of pain and exhaustion every time.

If you need any other resources or questions, feel free to message me.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I was diagnosed 6 years ago, tretment was a low gi high fibre diet for insulin resistance, excerise 3 times a week and get off the depo vera switch to the pill to help my hormones, also use progestrone cream (bad spelling) once i fall preg 8 months later with only 2 months of no pill my heavy bleeding returned, but my insulin was fine, in fact now ive had my 2 kids both bad preg and still heavy cronic periods pain etc my allergies etc just had a hysterectomy, and ive never felt this healthy since i gt my first period lol
Yes im the small bitchy chick in the corner, set me off and man do you know about it !!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was officially diagnosed in 2001. At the time I went on birth control pills, Glucophage and spirolactone. I was also told to eliminate the carbs so when Atkins became popular, I did that and am now getting back on it. I dropped the Glucophage because I'm not diabetic and honestly didn't feel that it did anything for me. In the last 2 years I've dropped the birth control pills because I was tired all the time and a blood test showed by estrogen was through the roof and my progesterone had bottomed out by my doctor didn't see that as a problem. When I looked that up, they said that will cause fatigue. Long story short, (too late), I eventually dropped all the drugs cause I have had a string of bad doctors recently and am just doing the diet. The diet alone keeps my period fairly regular which is shocking. I do miss the spirolactone though for it's benefits so I am going to look at finding me a new doctor soon to get back on that. I also walk 30 min a day on a treadmill. If you want to talk more, I'm here too. We all have to stick together. smile