last reply
14 replies
2.6k views
3 watchers
9 likes
Lurker
1 like
Hey, I am from Germany, so I am sorry, if this is a dumb question:

I got the impression that jockstraps are totally common in the US for guys to wear when doing sports. That is not the case over here. I ordered some a few weeks ago and I think it is the best underwear for working out or running. I got dumb comments from some buddies (which I don't give a f... about) cause nobody wears them here. So, do you guys grow up with them when you are an athlete?
0 likes
We wore them in gym classes and for sports but I don't recall anyone wearing them for underwear.
0 likes
Yeah, the jocks wore them in high school but I never had one myself (we did not wear them in gym class and my balls had an experience that made me wish we did).
Primus Omnium
1 like
You might de interested to know that ballet danseurs wear an undergarment called a dance belt. It serves somewhat of the same purpose as a jockstrap but is worn differently. The male puts the garment on and then lifts and places the penis upward in place with the testicles staying firmly below.
Gentleman Stranger
2 likes
We wore them for team sports and for gym (Phys Ed) classes. I think now there are so many types of athletic compression shorts and other more comfortable and less silly-looking garments that offer support that jockstraps are strictly a personal preference or fetish kind of thing. Jockstraps never did much for protecting the wearer from blows to the nads - flying feet, knees, elbows, volleyballs, baseballs, racketballs etc are still a clear and present danger even to a jock wearer.

An athletic cup worn inside the jock offered the best protection from blows, but they tend to pinch and chafe and require constant adjustment, as any baseball fan can attest. A jockstrap alone was strictly for support so your nuts don't get sore from bouncing and jarring around too much (or hang down to your knees by the time you're 50...) which the compression shorts provide now. Both also help to prevent embarrassing fallout and inintended public exposure, a common risk when combining shorts and vigorous physical activity.
The Linebacker
2 likes
Jock straps are commonly worn by American males involved in athletic activities. I personally wore jock straps in playing football, baseball, and basketball, boxing, and martial arts. I have worn jock straps running and bicycling.

A jock strap provides great support for your penis and testicles, keeping them snug and in place. No bouncing or hanging, jostling, etc. that can really hurt and impair your athletic performance. I can't imagine playing sports with my testicles hanging loose. One could suffer serious damage with those things slinging around getting bruised. They are quite sensitive and tender.

Also, you can wear an athletic cup/catcher's cup to protect your nuts while playing certain sports. Baseball catchers always wear cups for protection. The cup can be worn in other sports where you're in danger of getting hit in the balls. But it can be uncomfortable or feel restricting when running and leaping.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Agree with all, in high school gym, which tend to have uniforms in US. However, beyond that, no. That said, I don't know what guys who need the hard cup (what they were originally designed for) are doing these days.
The Linebacker
1 like
Quote by talltraveller
Agree with all, in high school gym, which tend to have uniforms in US. However, beyond that, no. That said, I don't know what guys who need the hard cup (what they were originally designed for) are doing these days.

The hard cup, also called a 'catcher's cup' because it is always worn by the catcher in baseball. A baseball is packed hard and tight, and when thrown at high speeds by the pitcher, if the catcher got hit in the balls with it, would most likely cause permanent damage. The pain would probably be so bad it could render the catcher unconscious. Surgery might be required.

Sometimes quarterbacks in football might wear the cup because in the act of throwing the football their body is left unprotected. You usually see quarterbacks with a funny looking pad protection around their stomach and chest for that reason. So many also wear the hard cup tp protect their testicles from hard hits.

So, especially for baseball catchers and even for football quarterbacks, if the player wants to father children in the future, that cup is a necessity. But is would be a nuisance for playing other positions, and other sports. As we guys know, though, there is always that possibility of getting your nuts whacked while playing sports. Ouch! 5 minutes of brutal, horrible pain. But usually just temporary.
0 likes
A jockstrap with an athletic cup was required wear when I did Medieval combat. That's armor, sword, and shield.

I continue to wear jockstraps if my shorts are loose and I'm likely to flop out when its not appropriate.

Action conquers fear!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Jockstraps are hardly ever worn for sports anymore. Athletes nowadays tend to go with compression shorts instead, although jocks who need cups may tend to wear them with a cup.

My mom got me my 1st "athletic supporter" as she called it when I was in high school, some 40+ years ago. It was that off white / beige "vintage" type. From the moment I saw it and put it on, it looked and felt like sexy male lingerie, more so than anything athletic. I went 35 years being shy about being seen in it, I would have rather been caught nude. Then I did a 180 degree turn, and now have many jocks, and many pics on yourjockstraps and allkink. You might say I have a fetish for them

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Not among straight men. Gay men, well i haven't seen very many naked for obvious reasons.

Sensual Hobgoblin
2 likes

Quote by Stormdog
Both also help to prevent embarrassing fallout and inintended public exposure, a common risk when combining shorts and vigorous physical activity.

Wow! And I always thought that the unintended exposure was really a ruse to display a guy's "endowment" in case any female within sight might be interested, not that I'd ever look.

I just published a new story, https://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/naked-and-afraid A wife is home alone when two criminals break in to rob her. She's afraid and that's when it gets interesting A super story full of great sex, with a BDSM slant, that will hold your interest.

An oldie but goodie, https://www.lushstories.com/stories/monster-sex/the-emerald-lagoon An Editor's Pick from a comp a couple of years ago.

If you enjoy either, please comment. My ego needs a boost, ha! Thanks.

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
0 likes

Quote by Kee

Wow! And I always thought that the unintended exposure was really a ruse to display a guy's "endowment" in case any female within sight might be interested, not that I'd ever look.

I am sure that kind of deliberate exposure happens at times, but it is certainly not the desired effect at many others. And, to be honest, a good percentage of the deliberate exposure is probably geared to other men rather than women.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes

Quote by Kee

Well, that was just me. A lot of other guys are too shy to let it all hang out...

My biggest worry was tripping over it. 🤣

0 likes

Growing up in the NE of America, in physical education and any sport, jockstraps were a requirement; for contact sports )especially martial arts), a cup required—inserted into jockstraps designed to accommodate them.