last reply
67 replies
5.4k views
2 watchers
45 likes
Easily amused
0 likes

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Hi, just poppin' on to share something I learned recently. I started working with a man certified in TRE (Tension and Trauma Relief Exercises). My goal was to help relieve my sometimes debilitating stress and anxiety. The gist is you start with seven specially designed exercises and by the 7th exercise, your body is tremoring. This "tremoring" is supposed to release tension, stress, and even past traumas that are held within your muscles. I found out your lower back is where most trauma is held. After a few sessions, you decrease the number of exercises and my teacher showed me how he tremors now after the one floor exercise. I'm down to three exercises now to start my tremor. And once the body shaking begins, you let yourself tremor for 10 - 15 minutes.

It sounds weird I know, but I went into it with no expectations, hoping for an honest response from my body. All I can say is I found it incredibly healing. I had injured a lower back joint two months ago and was left with lingering tightness. It's now gone. I tremor before bed and sleep very sound. And I felt an emotional release. A lightness to me. I met my sister for dinner after my first session and she noticed a difference in my mood (for the better) and asked what I had been doing.

If anyone wants to try it, Google TRE and the exercises are found online. I'd suggest starting with a certified teacher though before you move to doing it on your own. It was helpful to me for someone to lead me through it, reassuring me, offering suggestions. Just my experience. My teacher has three sessions with clients, then they are able to confidently do it at home on their own. So, a very low monetary investment to something I have found very helpful.

I hope you all find peace and joy in whatever you do to cope. ❤️

Just now read this. I have a friend who uses exercise and dance (just goofy but intense dancing around) and it helps her with stress and ADHD and depression and various other distractions and demons. Sounds a little like what you are doing. I do a small version of this: I walk every day I can, even when it is in the 90s out. If I am struggling I’ll walk for a couple hours. It really helps me. I sort of disassociate and look at clouds and people and just keep one foot moving in front of the other. Trying to figure out what to replace it with in the winter. I might try walking in the cold.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Buck up and get on with life! Socialize and get outside!

Being normal is boring 🤘
2 likes

Quote by Icarus4

Buck up and get on with life! Socialize and get outside!

OMG!! I had no idea it was that simple! If only we had known all these years the simple cure to fixing it. Just buck up and get on with life.

https://www.verywellmind.com/worst-things-to-say-to-someone-who-is-depressed-1066982

Featured Stories:

Treasure - A short poem about the finer things

Happy New Beginnings - Ty gets a chance for a new start in this holiday tale

The Prescription Series - a BDSM love story

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Thanks for sharing your experience with TRE! It's incredible how different methods can help with stress and depression. Your journey sounds quite healing. I can relate to the power of movement in coping with life's challenges, too. Walking, even in the cold, can be so refreshing. However, remember that there's also a 24-hour mental health hotline you can contact from https://mentalhealthhotline.org/. Good luck!

0 likes

Usually spend time with my dog & my 4 year old nephew.