Login

Do you really like working out ?

last reply
130 replies
10.8k views
4 watchers
15 likes
0 likes

Yes, I enjoy working out. I love being active and training hard. I typically do lifting like 3-4 times a week and do cardio about 2-3 times a week.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Of course. I run in the heat of the day to really get the hurt out. It’s great to take a cold shower after crushing pull-ups in the heat.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

I have a love/hate relationship with working out. I hate going to the gym, and nobody needs to see my gym face, not even me (especially not me!). So I work out at home: no mirrors.

I hate much of the feeling as I’m working out, especially when the lactic acid hits and every fibre of my body is screaming at me to stop. But I love the afterglow and the impact on my health, physique and wellbeing. So I work out regularly.

I especially love working out, showering, then jumping in the hot tub. That feeling always makes the strain worthwhile.

0 likes

Absolutely not! I would rather take a pill. I only exercise because my vanity demands it!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Yes it helps relieve stress and how I stay healthy

puts the ‘ass’ in ‘class’.
0 likes

It’s essential! Unfortunately, people equate it with weight loss, but exercise is about mental well-being, mobility, flexibility, and general good health. A workout can be a run, a walk, gardening… anything that gets you active. The older you get, the more you realise its importance.

‘The pious fable and the dirty story
Share in the total literary glory.’

W.H. Auden

0 likes

working out for me is mainly running and I love it. This said, when I'm in my warm bed and hear the wind and rain through the shutters, it can be a struggle to get those running shoes on and head out of the door. Always feel great after though!