Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do people think/believe there is such an experience as 'THE NOW' or the 'PRESENT'?

last reply
2 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Hi All

I was looking at the 'benefits of meditation' and it got me thinking. A lot of people I meet/talk to / read around the subject of meditation talk about being in the 'now' or the 'present'.

My question is to ask people from their own observation, not from what they have read, been told or believe, but their own observation.

Meditation, exercise, sex and entertainment are all common subjects that get mixed in with being 'present' or in the 'now'.

Is it possible to register and realise simultaneously? Physics would say not possible, as would Neuroscience.

So I am coming from a place that can see it is possible only to be aware of the moment before the next moment. The 'Fore-Future'. The brain is an instrument of registering the past and fantasising/terrorising about the future.
The 'Now' does not exist, it's a nice idea but trying to be in 'it', personally I would give 'it' up.

What say you?
Quote by Inupendi
Hi All

I was looking at the 'benefits of meditation' and it got me thinking. A lot of people I meet/talk to / read around the subject of meditation talk about being in the 'now' or the 'present'.

My question is to ask people from their own observation, not from what they have read, been told or believe, but their own observation.

Meditation, exercise, sex and entertainment are all common subjects that get mixed in with being 'present' or in the 'now'.

Is it possible to register and realise simultaneously? Physics would say not possible, as would Neuroscience.

So I am coming from a place that can see it is possible only to be aware of the moment before the next moment. The 'Fore-Future'. The brain is an instrument of registering the past and fantasising/terrorising about the future.
The 'Now' does not exist, it's a nice idea but trying to be in 'it', personally I would give 'it' up.

What say you?

I'm not really sure what you're asking, I'm afraid. I don't meditate like most people would, but I do use certain techniques that are not dissimilar. I use them to take me away from the "now", which I am very aware of, and can distinguish between that, the past, and the future.

It's difficult to explain, but I have no trouble registering my "now", whether people say that is possible or not. I register it in what feels like a different part of my brain to my other thinking, and I do not think of it in words. It's an unspoken weight in my mind, when I choose to register it. Therefore, I am struggling to understand your post, sorry.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Quote by Inupendi

This, counter intuitive as it may be, is what is philosophically and spiritually called "the great now."

When you have no attachment to the future or the past, when you can simply focus on what is in front of you and live without stressing over the future or letting the past eat away at you, that is "now."

It is not a matter of physics or neuroscience, it is a simple matter of concentration. When you are at work, leave your home worries at home and work. When you are at home, leave your work worries at work and be home. That is all that it is. Concentration, and enjoying what is in front of you without worrying about those things which are not.