last reply
31 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by nicola
The cleats usually come with the pedals. They are made of plastic, and only cost £15 when sold separately. Did you buy something super swanky?

It is an odd feeling at first, being clipped in. There's an adjustment screw which I set to the weakest spring setting, so it's easier to get your feet out. I was scared about getting stuck in them and falling off, but after a little practice, it becomes second nature (good advice from Misterx).

My bike came with the pedals already in place. So I needed the shoes. I took it to an all purpose trail, practicing unclipping and clipping at each end. But my time over that course, sustaining a 2 mph drop over each of the 10 miles, just trying to keep from falling over at each end.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D

My bike came with the pedals already in place. So I needed the shoes. I took it to an all purpose trail, practicing unclipping and clipping at each end. But my time over that course, sustaining a 2 mph drop over each of the 10 miles, just trying to keep from falling over at each end.

D...sorry to hear you feel, but there are two kinds of cyclists, those who HAVE fallen and those who HAVEN't fallen YET!. lol its the truth. we all fall or take a nice slide. I have many times where it wasn't due to anything rubbed a fellow rider and just fell out from under myself. Or just a simple training ride went off the road slightly and the bike slid out from under me.

Not sure where you are but i would check with your local bike shop and maybe ask one of them for some help, maybe to adjust them slightly or make sure your doing everything right. Also you will be a master at it soon enough and be able to walk on your heals when wearing and walking with the shoes on.

They are great for riding because your pedaling and your cadence become more fluid for the rides. Its just a mental thing to know you need to "Clip out".

good luck D i know you can do it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm looking to chat to any Lush users about Cycling, would anyone be interested ?
“To be nobody but
yourself in a world
which is doing its best day and night to make you like
everybody else means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.”
Lurker
0 likes
Mountain biking all the way !!! Recently taken it up, should of done so years ago!!