last reply
11 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by Chryses
If you own an iOS device and it can be updated to 14.2, you should do so at your earliest opportunity. It contains valuable bug fixes.

Do you have a Mac and if so what do you think of Big Sur?
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

What on earth is the relevance of your second question? Keep on topic please!

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

What on earth is the relevance of your second question? Keep on topic please!

(rofl)

oh how the Luddites make me larf.

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

I actually liked your question. When I upgraded to 14.2 I got the Big Sur screen background and love the way it changes over the course of the day. So yeah, in my opinion it is relevant to the 14.2 upgrade.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by darkroot50

I actually liked your question. When I upgraded to 14.2 I got the Big Sur screen background and love the way it changes over the course of the day. So yeah, in my opinion it is relevant to the 14.2 upgrade.

It's OK. Sj was just pulling my leg.

The reason for my question about Big Sur, as a Mac user, i just wanted someone elses opinion as well.

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

The reason for my question about Big Sur, as a Mac user, i just wanted someone elses opinion as well.

Glad to provide what you wanted.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

It runs very well on my 2017 iMac, and a Macbook Air of the same year. I've had none of the problem that I see others are having..perhaps they sit and do benchmarks on their own machines all day?
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by AnnaDurhamUK

It runs very well on my 2017 iMac, and a Macbook Air of the same year. I've had none of the problem that I see others are having..perhaps they sit and do benchmarks on their own machines all day?

Thanks Anna. I have a 2016 Macbook Pro that i use mostly for photography.

I am also signed up as an Apple developer (not that I do any developing), so i get to run the Beta software too. (MacOS, WatchOS, TvOS and IOS).

I had read about some of the early problems users were having with Big Sur, but had not experienced any issues myself, except waiting for 3rd party software to catch-up. Now running MacOS 11.2 (20D62) and there dont seem to be any issues. I know Apple did a lot under the hood to do with security, particularly for Safari, but all seems well. I am sirta happy with it lol

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

Thanks Anna. I have a 2016 Macbook Pro that i use mostly for photography.

I am also signed up as an Apple developer (not that I do any developing), so i get to run the Beta software too. (MacOS, WatchOS, TvOS and IOS).

I had read about some of the early problems users were having with Big Sur, but had not experienced any issues myself, except waiting for 3rd party software to catch-up. Now running MacOS 11.2 (20D62) and there dont seem to be any issues. I know Apple did a lot under the hood to do with security, particularly for Safari, but all seems well. I am sirta happy with it lol

Overall it seems to work fine, though I've had quite a few applications doing weird stuff, or even crashing. Some just needed an update, but with others it's more random. One thing I noticed is that it sometimes takes quite a bit of time to unlock. I have a MacBook Pro with touch bar at home that sometimes takes quite a bit of time to respond to the touch ID and my MBP from work, without touch bar, sometimes even takes more than 30 seconds to even show the unlock screen. I see the keyboard light up immediately, as well as the screen's backlight, but it can take ages before the screen shows something. I didn't have these issues with Catalina and prior versions. But with Big Sur I've run into them more than once.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, the update is really good. The smartphone is noticeably faster.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes thank you. Also updated.