176 replies
19.0k views
1 watcher
0 likes
"insensitive prick!" โ€“ Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite
how do Behringer pedals rate?

I came across this video that reminded me of your question (it's only been 4 years ago ).

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My friend that i play with sometimes got this thing, its pretty cool, I highly recommend it if its something your looking for in that tone

To answer Sprites question I dont think Behringer are very good, sure if you are on a tight budget it is what it is. but, obviously you can do better IMO

Lurker
0 likes
i used to have a boss overdrive pedal that i played regularly, and then i started playing a behringer wireless system through it, and it made it hot as fuck. really change the dynamic of the pedal, it was a good pedal anyway but it gave it a really interesting tone.
0 likes
Received the Vox Double Decca Delay yesterday. Bought it online, 2nd hand. It's an analog delay.

Now I only need a bigger pedalboard

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
my newest toy.

You canโ€™t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If youโ€™re not capable of violence, youโ€™re not peaceful. Youโ€™re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
my newest toy.

Seems like an interesting pedal, with a lot of extreme sound possibilities.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

Seems like an interesting pedal, with a lot of extreme sound possibilities.

it's pretty awesome, especially teamed up with my wah wah. smile

You canโ€™t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If youโ€™re not capable of violence, youโ€™re not peaceful. Youโ€™re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

it's pretty awesome, especially teamed up with my wah wah. smile

With all that optional bass it might do great for bass guitar as well. A lot of fuzz/distortion pedals that are not optimised for bass will loose too much of that.

Anyway, enjoy!

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Rp360 XP
0 likes
Bought some piggyback clip bars and thumb screws for my amp. Even though I have an early '70s silverface Bassman that originally didn't come with these, there were already holes in the bottom, so apparently a previous owner had already had such bars attached.

Anyway, my amp can now go piggyback riding on my '65 speaker cabinet:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/81/f0/eb/81f0eb4f3d739a69cac53b2bf1ddec69.jpg

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-54e132819276c8d653586ce668b0fc5c

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/fc/62/fbfc62d4eded7147be5737da396cab7b.jpg

0 likes
Finally my new pedalboard arrived. Took almost 2 months as the pandemic has nearly ground many parts of the global economy to a halt.

It's a Pedaltrain Nano MAX, which is twice the size of a regular Nano, for those familiar. I like the fact that all my pedals are positioned side by side. Finally I have enough room for all my pedals and still have some space left for new ones.
Hell yeah!

Also have a new tuner as my Polytune was acting up. It no longer muted but gave weird noises while tuning. Maybe no big deal while rehearsing, but not what you want when on stage. I went for the Korg Pitchblack Advance. I love how it looks like it would rather be a Fuzz. Well, who could blame it

It's powered by The GigRig's modular power supply.

And finally a pic of my amp and speaker cabinet in piggyback mode:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by noll
Finally my new pedalboard arrived. Took almost 2 months as the pandemic has nearly ground many parts of the global economy to a halt.

It's a Pedaltrain Nano MAX, which is twice the size of a regular Nano, for those familiar. I like the fact that all my pedals are positioned side by side. Finally I have enough room for all my pedals and still have some space left for new ones.
Hell yeah!

Also have a new tuner as my Polytune was acting up. It no longer muted but gave weird noises while tuning. Maybe no big deal while rehearsing, but not what you want when on stage. I went for the Korg Pitchblack Advance. I love how it looks like it would rather be a Fuzz. Well, who could blame it

It's powered by The GigRig's modular power supply.

And finally a pic of my amp and speaker cabinet in piggyback mode:

Wow, cool!
0 likes

I figured this thread needed a bump, so I got myself a new bass guitar ๐Ÿ˜œ: a second hand vintage cream Eastwood Sidejack Bass VI, based on the old Mosrite guitars, combined with Fender's Bass VI. A lovely bass. Only major downside is that it's very neck heavy. Hopefully there's a way to lessen that.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by noll

I figured this thread needed a bump, so I got myself a new bass guitar ๐Ÿ˜œ: a second hand vintage cream Eastwood Sidejack Bass VI, based on the old Mosrite guitars, combined with Fender's Bass VI. A lovely bass. Only major downside is that it's very neck heavy. Hopefully there's a way to lessen that.

i see your issue actually. it's not a bass. it's a guitar. 6 strings should have given you a clue. lol sadly (or not) this year's xmas list is very pedal heavy. i discovered pedal reviews on youtube and... well, some of mine seemed inadequate, so i want to upgrade. there are 4 new ones on the list and none of them are cheap, but dammit, they are cool! smile

0 likes

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

i see your issue actually. it's not a bass. it's a guitar. 6 strings should have given you a clue. lol sadly (or not) this year's xmas list is very pedal heavy. i discovered pedal reviews on youtube and... well, some of mine seemed inadequate, so i want to upgrade. there are 4 new ones on the list and none of them are cheap, but dammit, they are cool! smile

And hell no, it's a bass! ๐Ÿ˜œ You're just jealous that your 6 string guitar can't produce those lovely low notes.
Admittedly, the Fender Bass VI originally was just called the Fender VI. And the neck dive in this Eastwood bass is indeed related to the fact that its body is the same as those of their guitars from the same series, which makes the the longer neck, with heavier tuners, too heavy in comparison. Oh well.

Pedal reviews on YouTubeโ€ฆ the bottomless box of treats. So which ones are on your list?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

And hell no, it's a bass! ๐Ÿ˜œ You're just jealous that your 6 string guitar can't produce those lovely low notes.
Admittedly, the Fender Bass VI originally was just called the Fender VI. And the neck dive in this Eastwood bass is indeed related to the fact that its body is the same as those of their guitars from the same series, which makes the the longer neck, with heavier tuners, too heavy in comparison. Oh well.

Pedal reviews on YouTubeโ€ฆ the bottomless box of treats. So which ones are on your list?

why? feeling generous? lol

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

oh, and...

0 likes

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

There's something backwards about wanting all these reverse delay effects ๐Ÿ˜œ Well, unless you combine them perhaps ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Personally I prefer the simple, single effect pedals over the multi effects pedals. So I'd probably go for the Backtalk, given these options, but the Eccos sure is very nice too. And while I really like EHX, I think the Attack Decay is a bit too gimmicky for me.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

There's something backwards about wanting all these reverse delay effects ๐Ÿ˜œ Well, unless you combine them perhaps ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Personally I prefer the simple, single effect pedals over the multi effects pedals. So I'd probably go for the Backtalk, given these options, but the Eccos sure is very nice too. And while I really like EHX, I think the Attack Decay is a bit too gimmicky for me.

Eccos is top of my list and the EHX is at the bottom, if that helps you think me less gimmicky? smile I like the Keeley Red Dirt too, although the Aria is actually cheaper and is paired with a compressor which i am told i should have, though i am still unsure why. lol

0 likes

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

Eccos is top of my list and the EHX is at the bottom, if that helps you think me less gimmicky? smile I like the Keeley Red Dirt too, although the Aria is actually cheaper and is paired with a compressor which i am told i should have, though i am still unsure why. lol

I'm still not sure why I would need a compressor either. I can imagine that it can tighten a heavy sound, but with an old skool genre such as surf, I think I prefer the dynamics of an uncompressed sound.

And damn, now I have to look up the Red Dirt and Aria too. And why are there (almost) no women doing awesome pedal reviews on YouTube? I mean, I understand why there are more men doing that, talking about all kinds of specs and voicing their opinions and stuff. But of the endless amount of pedal review videos only a very tiny amount is made by women. That, or I've taken a bad turn on YouTube's algorithm a very long time ago.

0 likes

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

So, did Santa bring you one of those pedals, or haven't you been brave enough?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

Kate spoiled me and bought me the Eccos and the Backtalk, and then I used christmas money to get the Aria and have discovered that compressors don't make neat sounds, but they make the neat sounds sound better, so worth it imo. :)

0 likes

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

Kate spoiled me and bought me the Eccos and the Backtalk, and then I used christmas money to get the Aria and have discovered that compressors don't make neat sounds, but they make the neat sounds sound better, so worth it imo. :)

Cool! So what if you combine both pedals in reverse mode (don't tell me you haven't tried it yet)?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

Cool! So what if you combine both pedals in reverse mode (don't tell me you haven't tried it yet)?

Err... I might have? :)

0 likes

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

Quote by noll

Quote by sprite

oh, and...

Err... I might have? :)

How does it sound, woman?!