Login

Surreal children's animation, banned from TV

last reply
9 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Not surprising really

Just because it's animation doesn't mean it's for kids - a lot of animation is aimed at adults, and this looks like one of them. More an animated dissertation on a part of philosophy.
Quote by Deadly
Just because it's animation doesn't mean it's for kids - a lot of animation is aimed at adults, and this looks like one of them. More an animated dissertation on a part of philosophy.

True. But it was posted on youtube as a banned children's animation, so my guess is it was on tv in the children's hour (s), and got pulled. Like the magic roundabout when they realised it was the idea of a tripped out hippy, and captain pugwash, when they realised it was all a massive pisstake concerned with gay orientated sex - "Roger the Cabin Boy", "Seaman Staines" etc. LOL.
Oh, I have no trouble learning that some idiot programming exec thought it was a kids show, but it clearly wasn't written and created as such. Look at South Park, many see that as a kids show, yet the makers claim it's adult satire - which it is - adult black satire.
I have never classified South Park as a childrens show. You might do that just because it is animated.
I never classed South Park as a kids show (I classed it as black humour rubbish aimed at adults) - but some of the TV execs did - and that was the point I was getting at - some people will class an animation as kids without looking at it at all. I think that's what may have happened with the clip shown.
thats cool or whatever.....animation is not only for kids, adults like it too...only on a different level.....lol.....I agree that most people classify animation to children without looking at it. There are even some animated kids movies out there with adult content.
Any one remember the Rocky and Bullwinkle show and Mr Peabody - if you don't try having a look at any reruns, and keep an eye out for all the delicious puns and witticisms in it - definitely aimed at adults, even if much of it was aimed at kids.
The Shrek movies also have puns that are aimed at adults.
I recently bought a set of DVDs that are the modern Japanese of animation and it's definitely an adult show, but not 'X' rated - it's called Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex a brilliant action drama series. So I'm very much aware that animation isn't just for kids this would be rated as MA or R for the violence, much like the Terminator movies.