M.I.A.'s new video

last reply
136 replies
14.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Artistic Tart
0 likes
So, what was your question, Paintman? Yes, you're right, there are people who say 'enact this law', and others that say, 'something needs to be done, but Gestapo-style paper-checks ain't it.'. Not many at all truly say 'do nothing', so what are you wanting to know again?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Kyle, are you a teacher?
No offense but for me most of the points raised by you are pretty much givens. Quite possibly I come across like some dumb European hick, which is fine, but I'm not here to have intelligent/serious indepth conversations about the rights and wrongs about the world we live in. I guess you won't respect me for acting like this but since I have to be at my most intelligent at work I just use lush to blow off some steam.

But if you want to humor me, riddle the following please. Plenty of Americans are against government interference/meddling with affairs. Now I'm with you that the US government should've done something or should do something about the border/illegal immigration issue but while many intelligent, articulated Americans would applaud this there will also be a significant amount of people who will revolt against yet another government meddling.

'God' bless America for being an eventful, stirring multicultural meltpot.

Not exactly a teacher, although I have taught workshops and seminars. In my last incarnation I worked in academia on research teams, my primary responsibilities were in research computing methods and technologies. At this time, I work over the Internet as a consultant , as little as possible I might add, for the same organization. I pursue other goals right now. Prior to that I did many different things from living a self deceived illegal substance enhanced fantasy that I was part of the vanguard of human enlightenment to working in the house of the dead, no not a mortuary but a hospice to metal working to poor but humble student and a lot of shit jobs along the way. I was a soldier once in what seems another life. Anyway, it has been interesting, I expect it to continue so.

No offense, but there are some topics on Lush that are serious and this is one of them. Lush is not for just blowing off steam. I took your comments to be serious given the context of this topic.

The federal government has responsibilities defined in the Constitution of the United States. The federal government is controlled by parties that could care less what the Constitution says their duties are. It has been in the interest of Republicans to have illegals flood the US taking advantage of their sorrows and need in order to provide cheap labor outside the protections of our labor laws. It is in the interest of Democrats and Progressives to take advantage of the suffering and needs of illegals in order to further their social agendas. Illegals give that side an opportunity to manipulate the Latino vote for political gain. All sides seek advantage. So what we have are lying sack of shits who agitate and create problems though inaction that need not exist all for their own political gain. The national political parties are the problem.

The people would support any solution that had border security, as well as a path to citizenship for illegals already here, a guest worker program for those who did not want citizenship wishing to work here, and a fair process for immigration that recognized the interests of the citizens of the US. What the Arizona law has does is pit Latinos immigrants and primarily Mexican against US citizens which is an unintended consequence and wrong no matter how well the meaning. What is worst is the political parties unwillingness to address the problem in an honest manner. This is not a Democrat verses Republican problem, it is not a White vs Latino problem. It is criminal neglect by political parties at the Federal level who refuse to fix it for political gain.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
So, what was your question, Paintman? Yes, you're right, there are people who say 'enact this law', and others that say, 'something needs to be done, but Gestapo-style paper-checks ain't it.'. Not many at all truly say 'do nothing', so what are you wanting to know again?

How would the federal voting go in congress if some solution to the immigration issue were proposed?
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Kyle

The federal government has responsibilities defined in the Constitution of the United States. The federal government is controlled by parties that could care less what the Constitution says their duties are. It has been in the interest of Republicans to have illegals flood the US taking advantage of their sorrows and need in order to provide cheap labor outside the protections of our labor laws. It is in the interest of Democrats and Progressives to take advantage of the suffering and needs of illegals in order to further their social agendas. Illegals give that side an opportunity to manipulate the Latino vote for political gain. All sides seek advantage. So what we have are lying sack of shits who agitate and create problems though inaction that need not exist all for their own political gain. The national political parties are the problem.

The people would support any solution that had border security, as well as a path to citizenship for illegals already here, a guest worker program for those who did not want citizenship wishing to work here, and a fair process for immigration that recognized the interests of the citizens of the US. What the Arizona law has does is pit Latinos immigrants and primarily Mexican against US citizens which is an unintended consequence and wrong no matter how well the meaning. What is worst is the political parties unwillingness to address the problem in an honest manner. This is not a Democrat verses Republican problem, it is not a White vs Latino problem. It is criminal neglect by political parties at the Federal level who refuse to fix it for political gain.

That is worthy of a POTC award. Very well articulated, Kyle.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by LadyX

How would the federal voting go in congress if some solution to the immigration issue were proposed?

Good question, lol. From what I've been reading, Obama wants to get some legislation written and passed, but Congress doesn't want to handle it right now because it's an election year. And I'm guessing that if it comes from the Democrats, that it will include some way for undocumented workers to have a path toward legal immigration with a grace period to make themselves known to the authorities, and increased security of some kind at the border to prevent the same steady stream of them coming in, but I'm not sure how they really do that, it's such a complex problem.

My guess is that if it's something like that, then it will get a lot of backing on the left, and will have a hard time getting votes on the right because tea-partiers and rednecks will throw up in their mouth at the thought of 'illegals' not getting dragged by their feet and tossed back to Mexico. Like they can't sleep at night if "justice isn't served", lol, since wanting better life and food for your family makes them ruthless criminals and all.

So, it all depends on whats in the legislation and what's going on at the time that it gets voted on, I guess.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

So, it all depends on whats in the legislation and what's going on at the time that it gets voted on, I guess.

Ah hell Xuani, Show Us Your Tits!!!

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes

sexist fucking pig.l2oO5Q7SqSScEeT0
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not too familiar with my own country's legislation but I seem to remember that we accepted some law which would turn illegal immigrants into legal immigrants if they had lived here for a certain amount of years. That seems reasonable to me.
But we also have centers for illegal immigrants where they live and work while waiting for their court case to become a legal immigrant to be handled. If the court decides they have to leave then they're thrown out. Sometimes the final decision takes a few years so being in limbo for a long period can happen.

We've always have a multicultural society over here and although it's never been perfect and some right wring folks hate it, it seems to work fairly well. Since we're such a small country a lot of talented Dutchies go abroad to build their international careers.
Lurker
0 likes
Damn...how did I miss this thread? Must have been during my lush hiatus.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Damn...how did I miss this thread? Must have been during my lush hiatus.

Or maybe you were just out and about enjoying your life.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Arizona/Immigration Update:

The State of Arizona looks to open up yet another can of bigoted crazy this fall:

AZ BILL TO DENY CITIZENSHIP TO PEOPLE BORN IN US, WITH UNDOCUMENTED PARENTS.

It adds to a nice collection- what with the recent 'if you don't speak like a redneck or a new yorker you can't teach in our schools' law. I look forward to the court challenge to that one, too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought citizenship was a federal matter. If it is federal law that anyone born on US soil is a US citizen, then can a state even override that? So, I don't think this law will pass. Or if it does, it won't be enforceable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by LadyX

Sorry for being late to the thread everybody. I was off ogling someone. Err... That is... Never mind.

My guess is that this vote will never take place. It's already been mentioned that neither majority party in Washington wants stability or security. It's in their best interests to sow dissension and promote fear, basing their campaigns on the idea that they're the only ones who can combat this boogeyman competently. It's a farce, of course, but most people are willing to overlook the nonsense of it as long as they're own particular ox isn't the one being gored. Not to mention the money that's being thrown around in the "Fight Against..." this or that particular evil. I mean - you surely won't find the Wall Builders Association of America coming out against the building of The Wall now, will you? Nor will the fence contractors, or the Landmine Installers' Local 182...

As conscientious adults, we have to vote for whomever we think will best represent our interests in government. If our politicians are vain, shallow, money-hungry tyrants, it's because they reflect their constituents. Sometimes, I think our entire system of government needs a re-boot back to the year 1786...

Fuck it. Here's another call for Xuani's bewbs...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jebru
I thought citizenship was a federal matter. If it is federal law that anyone born on US soil is a US citizen, then can a state even override that? So, I don't think this law will pass. Or if it does, it won't be enforceable.

Score one for the Canadian. Our Constitution defines those who qualify for citizenship. No individual state (or group of states) can over-ride the supreme law of the land.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants

Fuck it. Here's another call for Xuani's bewbs...

For you NewdiePants? Anything.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow. Didn't realise Xuani topless was a thread killer. lol
Wild at Heart
0 likes
What's dumb about this whole issue is that there are certain parts of the United States (California) who's economy would crumble if we got rid off all the illegals. In my town there is about 30% percent of the population that doesn't have papers. Believe me that these people aren't working, renting or buying things from other illegals, they do business with Americans of all colors. They are so intertwined with the agriculture business in California that the mere thought of them not being there tomorrow makes a lot of Americans panic.

Everybody and I mean everybody knows how many illegals are employed by the various agricultural intustries. They are not hard to find. But they don't do anything about it. Trust me that American highschool graduates or even the dropouts are not applying for these jobs.

Oh and nice tits Xuani.