Login

Love that deep fried turkey

last reply
8 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
Probably don't want this guy anywhere near the fire, though.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
Pfft...man, what a waste of some meat.
Lurker
I'd love to ask if this guy was Scottish (considering he's trying to put a whole turkey in a Fryer), but the idiocy screams a certain other country.....ahem.
XX
BB
Lurker
I've seen plenty of people put whole turkeys in deep fryers but, not like that. What a dumbass. People can really get hurt doing something like that. Too much oil.
Smiley Guru
Quote by chefkathleen
What a dumbass. People can really get hurt doing something like that. Too much oil.

You got that right. I think those things are some of the most dangerous contraptions out there. At least this guy was smart enough to use a 10 foot pole.

Watching that video, it looked like the flare up was all most done and he could have just let the bird cook.
Lurker
The ones I've seen done, way before cooking day, they put the bird in the pot, fill the pot with enough water to cover the bird and then put a mark on the pot. Day of cooking, pot is clean and dry and filled to the line with oil and bird(dry) SLOWLY lowered into hot oil.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by chefkathleen
The ones I've seen done, way before cooking day, they put the bird in the pot, fill the pot with enough water to cover the bird and then put a mark on the pot. Day of cooking, pot is clean and dry and filled to the line with oil and bird(dry) SLOWLY lowered into hot oil.

Slowly? Where's the fun in that?
Lurker
Quote by MrNudiePants
Quote by chefkathleen

Slowly? Where's the fun in that?

I would think you'd be the first to want to go slow. Nude cooking can hurt the one you love.
Active Ink Slinger
For a little more excitment, try dropping in a frozen turkey