Human Slingshot

last reply
9 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes

You might've seen other slingshot vids, but this one is different.
Matriarch
0 likes
Crazy Frenchies! They don't have long to open their shute
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey, they were after a cheap fling, weren't they.

now that they've done the catapult ride, they have to work on the trebuchet ride.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not showing this to the wife. She will want to do this next.
Pult and Chut all in one. What's next.

Bungee from a plane?

Bat
Lurker
0 likes
Heh heh I'll bet if you did a search in youtube, they'd have a bungee from a plane, Bat.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That would make me vomit if I hadn't passed out first, and then how would I pull the parachute? Not for me thanks.
Lurker
0 likes
heh... the mechanical part of me begins to question using the cranes like they are. One can see the booms moving a bunch after the sling lets go. Not a good thing one likes to see in a crane they're operating.

Then the adventurer part of me sees the chutes opening... damn, looks like fun.
Lurker
0 likes
You get to skydive and not require a plane.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
One can see the booms moving a bunch after the sling lets go

if it didn't move, the force would break the crane.

looks like fun to me smile
*~*xX/ ;) i'm not joking/Xx*~*
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hourglass
One can see the booms moving a bunch after the sling lets go

if it didn't move, the force would break the crane.

looks like fun to me smile

Undoubtedly, but there are other things that crane operators need to do and be aware of. Sudden loss of load is as damaging in that way as a stiff boom breaking away.

There's also the cables and drums to worry about as well. sudden load loss puts a severe strain on them that can cause total failure of components that hold it all together for the lift.

Thirdly, loose cables can and do become entangled with each lay. The resulting snarl can ruin a whole spool of cable on a drum. That cable isn't your typical run of the mill stuff. Most of it is wound in a way to keep it from spinning while in a lift. It also has a different type of material making up the steel that comprises the cable too. It aint' cheap. The last fifty ton crane I worked with had it's cable replaced and the cost of the cable alone was over fifty thousand dollars.

But, seeing as they had operators running the cranes and they weren't so upset about it, the film must not have caught an 'actual' view of what occurred with the cranes. Otherwise, most operators would flat refuse to allow that strain on their equipment.

Still, I think it would be fun to try at least once.