How to detox

last reply
2 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I'm under the impression all these detox programs are complete scams and nonsense after investigating the subject. Exercise, drinking lots of water, cutting down on the obvious baddies of red meat, alcohol and coffee, and you're well on your way to a healthier (more boring) lifestyle.

Anyone go on any, successful or otherwise?

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=159277

Commonsense guy talks about it:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lush
I'm under the impression all these detox programs are complete scams and nonsense after investigating the subject. Exercise, drinking lots of water, cutting down on the obvious baddies of red meat, alcohol and coffee, and you're well on your way to a healthier (more boring) lifestyle.

Anyone go on any, successful or otherwise?

I think you have it right there. The over the counter packs you can buy basically contain a few pills - vitamins and laxatives from what I hear, with instructions on what to and what not to eat, and charge you $70 in the process Waste of money if you ask me, when a few simple dietary changes will stand you in better stead longer term.
Administration
0 likes
When I feel a bit under the weather gastro wise, I start the day off with a mug of nearly boiling water, with a squeeze of lemon in it. Soon kickstarts the digestive system. Wait 20 mins before eating.

And cutting out alcohol and caffeine for a week does wonders, although I find it almost impossible to do.