Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Skincare 101

last reply
112 replies
15.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Drink lots of water, and keep drinking lots of water.
How do you people wash your overall body? Which product(s) do you use? Do you use a scrub or washcloth?

Personally I use Irish Spring Conditioning Wash (with Vit-B5), and simply wash with my hands. I used to wash myself with a bar soap and a washcloth, but I felt the salts contained in bar soaps left a residue on my skin, and washclothes were unnecessarily harsh. My regimen is simple but my skin looks okay ; my knees and elbows are quite soft, although they can be problematic areas for a lot of people (roughness/dryness).

Since I don't use a washcloth anymore, I don't really exfoliate, but I don't feel the need to either. My skin never flakes, even if I rub it harshly.

I also don't suffer from any redness or irritation.

Do you guys perform a more complex regimen? Any advice to share?
More complex? No. The process is pretty much the same for me. I use a moisturizing/nourishing body wash with a body bloom to exfoliate and then a wash cloth. I use something anti-bacterial (Dial) for when I'm sick. It washes the germs away, but even still I follow up with something hydrating to make sure I'm not losing any moisture. It's really simple.

I don't like overwhelming scents. Irish Springs is literally my least favorite smell of all body washes (sorry, SP). Smells like that assault my senses. And even seeing them or someone mentioning them makes my nose curl and my stomach churn.

I hate overly floral or fruity scents unless they're incorporated with the more subtle and calming scents like the honeys and the almonds and the lavenders and peppermints and vanillas, etc.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

I use a shower-puff and shower gel. I don't stick to one particular scent. One that I've re-bought a few times is the SoftSoap Shea Butter one - I like the scent of that one. But I'll often pick things up at random depending on what's on sale and what scent I feel like.

One thing I also use once a week is this Sea Salt Skin Smoother by H2O - especially on my legs. This stuff is awesome. It leaves them silky smooth. It's also great for any rough patches or on the hands during the winter months. It has stuff like almond oil and anti-aging marine extracts and various other things in it. You will notice the difference immediately once you scrub and wash it off. They did a little demo at the store for me many years ago and since then I've been hooked. One jar lasts quite a long time too.

Quote by Dancing_Doll
I use a shower-puff and shower gel.

Lol. Your shower puff is my body bloom.

Also, I love using oils and salts on those days that I really need to soak.

And OMG...Milk baths are pure heaven. These are great at the spa, but sometimes I do them at home and they're...oh my fuck. I have no words.

They're perfect for repairing sun-damaged skin. And you notice the effects right away. The good thing is that you can make them at home from scratch if you want. If you're big on organic foods, then you probably already have most of the ingredients in your repertoire. If not, you can buy pre-made kits that may be good for a bath or 2. Maybe more, depending on who you order it from.

Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

Lol. Your shower puff is my body bloom.

LOL... You know, it's funny - I have yet to see a shower-puff (or anything similar) in a guy's bathroom. They're so awesome though! And they do make them in more neutral 'manly' colours too. Guys - don't be afraid to puff! smile
Quote by Dancing_Doll

LOL... You know, it's funny - I have yet to see a shower-puff (or anything similar) in a guy's bathroom. They're so awesome though! And they do make them in more neutral 'manly' colours too. Guys - don't be afraid to puff! smile

Really? They are pretty common where I'm from. Like in the body product section they have huge baskets of them, More than any other type of shower scrub thingy. Some of the shower gels targeted at men even come with a free one. Some also have like a rubber piece attached to them to make them seem more manly but those are dumb because you can't rinse it out properly.
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Haha. The only guys I've ever known that had body blooms in their showers had them because I put them there.

Re your SoftSoap, I am in LOVE with their scents. I have a roommate that buys all kinds of different ones, and they smell amazing, but unfortunately I can't use them. I used it once and my skin got really splotchy and irritated. They also make hand soaps, and I was using it and it dried my hands out really badly. I'm not sure why. A lot of Victoria's Secret's stuff (body wash) did the same to my skin...but it took a while longer. But I was never much for their scents or lotions, anyways. You can literally see their lotions sit on top of your skin.

Quote by Magical_felix

Really? They are pretty common where I'm from. Like in the body product section they have huge baskets of them, More than any other type of shower scrub thingy. Some of the shower gels targeted at men even come with a free one. Some also have like a rubber piece attached to them to make them seem more manly but those are dumb because you can't rinse it out properly.

I thought it was weird too. But nope - I have yet to find one in there. That's why I bring a smaller travel-puff for overnighters and with a BF, I'll just leave one at his place.

Haha. The only guys I've ever known that had body blooms in their showers had them because I put them there.

Re your SoftSoap, I am in LOVE with their scents. I have a roommate that buys all kinds of different ones, and they smell amazing, but unfortunately I can't use them. I used it once and my skin got really splotchy and irritated. They also make hand soaps, and I was using it and it dried my hands out really badly. I'm not sure why. A lot of Victoria's Secret's stuff (body wash) did the same to my skin...but it took a while longer. But I was never much for their scents or lotions, anyways. You can literally see their lotions sit on top of your skin.

This SoftSoap (Shea) is my fave scent. I keep going back to it.

I also really like the more herbal type organic lavender ones you get at Whole Foods.

I'm not a huge fan of VS lotions (haven't used them since highschool) but I did like some of their body mists at one point. They are quite strong though - there was one scent I liked - I can't remember it off-hand but it smelled just like my fave shampoo. lol
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I had one in my bathroom a short while ago actually, LOL. But I thought it didn't scrubbed my skin properly, as if I was missing spots. It's too soft somehow. I prefer to use my hands now, that way I'm sure I don't miss a spot and hands are not harsh either.

Concerning scents, SoftSoaps seem interesting, but do these smell too girly?

I don't think my IrishSpring smells that strong by the way, I can barely smell anything when it's right out of the bottle plus most of it is rinsed off. You can only smell these body wash when your nose is almost on the person's skin.
Quote by Dancing_Doll

This SoftSoap (Shea) is my fave scent. I keep going back to it.
[/img]

I also really like the more herbal type organic lavender ones you get at Whole Foods.

I'm not a huge fan of VS lotions (haven't used them since highschool) but I did like some of their body mists at one point. They are quite strong though - there was one scent I liked - I can't remember it off-hand but it smelled just like my fave shampoo. lol

I agree. It's very rare that I come across a VS scent that I actually like. They don't do well with subtle. And my VS fragrance phase happened in high school as well. Those 7 for $35 deals were hard to pass up.cSc1q4eTKvDKT40S But the lotions hardly warrant the name. So oily. Not nourishing oily...just oily for no reason. It was so annoying to see my visibly shiny/oily skin and yet still feel super dry. If their fragrance/lotion/body wash lines were as good as their underwear lines, they'd be unbeatable.

Quote by SereneProdigy
I don't think my IrishSpring smells that strong by the way, I can barely smell anything when it's right out of the bottle plus most of it is rinsed off. You can only smell these body wash when your nose is almost on the person's skin.

Well I must be hypersensitive or something. I've had friends who use it, and the shower wreaks of it when they're done...and they do too.

Quote by SereneProdigy

Concerning scents, SoftSoaps seem interesting, but do these smell too girly?

They sell SoftSoaps at most drugstores so have a smell next time you're in one. I don't think they smell particularly girly - the shea butter in particular seems pretty neutral (just a good smell). I've bought it as a regular hand soap as well for the bathroom.

I don't mind some Irish Spring soaps - there's a few that are more masculine to me than the original. If I remember correctly, the green ones are better than the blue ones.

There are some shower gels that do smell very 'guy'ish'. The times when I've used a guy's shower and that's all that's available, I can always smell it lingering on my skin and it drives me nuts.

I agree. It's very rare that I come across a VS scent that I actually like. They don't do well with subtle. And my VS fragrance phase happened in high school as well. Those 7 for $35 deals were hard to pass up.Nfa6ojO0dSlFj7b4 But the lotions hardly warrant the name. So oily. Not nourishing oily...just oily for no reason. It was so annoying to see my visibly shiny/oily skin and yet still feel super dry. If their fragrance/lotion/body wash lines were as good as their underwear lines, they'd be unbeatable.

LOL... I used to LOVE those 7 for $35 deals. I passed by one a few months ago and had a wave of nostalgia.

I agree though - the lotions were awful. Mostly I just stuck with the fruity and coconutty body mists. Looking back - I'm pretty sure I smelled like a fruit bowl for at least part of my teens.
Quote by Magical_felix

Yep, mine has a rubber oil cap grip with a coarse pad on the back of it for finger nails. Better than a wash cloth when using liquid soap/ body wash.
Damnit, my internet connection went wrong just as I finished writing my last post.

Anyways, I compared the ingredients between Irish Spring and Softsoap, and they're almost exactly the same (I went shopping earlier this evening). Sodium Laureth Sulfate is the main cleansing ingredient in 95% of body washes it seems. The choice would be only a matter of scent.

Personally I would like the scent to be as subtle as possible, as I also wear deodorant and cologne... I really don't want to smell too many things at once, lol : "Dude, you smell like an Irish guy who just wrestled against a gentleman wearing too much cologne in a manufacture of Old Spice." But if my body wash does smell something, I'd prefer it to be a masculine scent than a cute feminine perfume.

I also bought a body wash for sensitive skin from a generic brand, just to try it (the main ingredient is not Sodium Laureth Sulfate). The scent is also very mild, barely noticeable. I just verified the ingredients with this site http://www.cosdna.com/, and they do seem non-irritant. Maybe I'll stick with that if it cleanses properly. I wasn't suffering from much irritation with my Irish Spring, but the gentler the ingredients the better, I guess.

While shopping I also noticed almost half of the body wash have moisturizing properties. Personally, I once tried that and didn't like the fact that something remained on my skin after my shower. I want all the ingredients from my body wash to be rinsed off (some can be irritant/comedogenic if left on the skin for a long time). I prefer to use a gentler moisturizer afterwards, if need be.

Well I must be hypersensitive or something. I've had friends who use it, and the shower wreaks of it when they're done...and they do too.

I used Irish Spring bar soaps before, and they surely did smell a lot stronger than my current body wash. Body washes are also rinsed off more easily ; that's what I like about them, you don't feel like there's much harmful chemicals or scent remaining on your skin. I also don't use the 'Original' Irish Spring, but one with vitamin B-5 which can also be used for the hair. Maybe the smell is different. Or maybe you truly are hypersensitive. Or maybe I'm the one who's hyposensitive, lol.

When you said you prefered calming scents like honey, almonds, lavenders, etc, does that apply to guys too? I love these scents ; when I smell a candle with one of these flavors, I just want to eat it.

But as I've said they might not mix well with my cologne. My cologne is subtle by the way ; my sister bought it for me, and she knows her shit just like you girls. Not the overly nose tingling kind.
What scent do you girls prefer on a man? I know this is a bit off topic from Skincare 101, but I'm curious to know.

Do you like strong colognes that make you feel "Ohh, that's manly"? Or do you prefer something subtler? Or is it situation dependant?

Personally when I can smell another man from the other side of the room, I get a "trying too hard" vibe even if it smells good ; it's a bit invasive for others too I believe, especially in a workplace where seduction is not the main purpose.

My cologne (Alfred Sung Paradise) is only noticeable when I'm near someone (it's actually one of its cons according to reviews). I like the fact that other men don't smell it much, and women kinda go "Hmmm, that's a sweet suprise, I didn't notice his scent before". It's like I offer them a small privilege when they're close to me, and they'll have to get close to me again if they want some more, haha.

Its scent is described as an Hawaiian evening, where you're sitting calmly amidst papaya trees while a bowl of relaxing incenses is burning. It has a fruity side, but in a fresh and relaxing way, not an overstimulating sugary one. This is really my go-to cologne, as it surely fits in the summer, but also offers some refreshing exoticism in the winter.

In my opinion, strong colognes just provoke this "Oh, that smell again, seems like Johnny just got back from his meeting" feeling. It also gets old quick, especially in a workplace where you're with the same people year round.

So, what's your take? You can be fully honest, don't worry.
Quote by SereneProdigy

I used Irish Spring bar soaps before, and they surely did smell a lot stronger than my current body wash. Body washes are also rinsed off more easily ; that's what I like about them, you don't feel like there's much harmful chemicals or scent remaining on your skin. I also don't use the 'Original' Irish Spring, but one with vitamin B-5 which can also be used for the hair. Maybe the smell is different. Or maybe you truly are hypersensitive. Or maybe I'm the one who's hyposensitive, lol.

When you said you prefered calming scents like honey, almonds, lavenders, etc, does that apply to guys too? I love these scents ; when I smell a candle with one of these flavors, I just want to eat it.

But as I've said they might not mix well with my cologne. My cologne is subtle by the way ; my sister bought it for me, and she knows her shit just like you girls. Not the overly nose tingling kind.

I prefer subtle, natural scents on a guy. I honestly don't like my guy to smell like anything but himself. I don't mind most colognes (provided they're not strong), but he could definitely do without. Cologne doesn't really do much for me by way of attraction. If I get a whiff of a guy who has on really nice cologne, I don't go, "Man, he smells so good." My line of thinking is, "Man, that cologne smells so good." There's a difference.

Do the scent preferences I hold for myself apply to men as well? Honestly, no. I'm not sure why. But if I smell like honey and almonds and lavender and whatever else, it'd be weird for me if he smelled that way too.

Quote by SereneProdigy
What scent do you girls prefer on a man? I know this is a bit off topic from Skincare 101, but I'm curious to know.

Do you like strong colognes that make you feel "Ohh, that's manly"? Or do you prefer something subtler? Or is it situation dependant?

I prefer subtle clean scents on a guy as well. Nothing overpowering where I can smell it on the person as they walk into the room but a bit of scent is nice when I lean in close. I don't like what I guess would be considered 'typical men's cologne' fragrances that are sharp, heavy or musky. I like something a bit soapy and 'out of the shower' clean or ones with woody/green notes or ones with vague 'marine' undertones like Bvulgari Aqva. I even like some unisex fragrances on men - Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino is soooo amazing but the price tag is crazy. I did smell it on a guy not too long ago, however, and I loved it. It's kind of citrusy and soapy. For me the key word to any great men's scent is "fresh"... if that can be used to describe it, I'll probably like it.
Thanks a lot for your feedback girls.

I just checked Bvulgari Aqva and it's in the same price range as Alfred Sung Paradise. Maybe I'll check it out. I really like the smell of my current cologne, but somehow I wish it smelled just a tad bit more. Sometimes I feel it doesn't smell much by the end of the day.

What I like of it is its complexity. Like, people don't go "it smells like this or that". It just keeps them guessing.

And I agree with slippery when she expresses the difference between "he smells so good" vs "that cologne smells so good". Anybody can buy a certain cologne and wear it. Still it shows that the man cares for himself and has nice tastes (provided women enjoy his cologne).

If I get a whiff of a guy who has on really nice cologne, I don't go, "Man, he smells so good." My line of thinking is, "Man, that cologne smells so good." There's a difference.

Yeah, but he picked it out. That's like saying when I see a girl in a real nice outfit I don't think the girl looks nice. I just think her outfit is nice. Good job whoever designed the clothes!

Dumbass.
Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah, but he picked it out. That's like saying when I see a girl in a real nice outfit I don't think the girl looks nice. I just think her outfit is nice. Good job whoever designed the clothes!

Dumbass.

Actually, a person makes the outfit look good, not the other way around. Whereas the cologne makes the person smell good, not the other way around. In most cases, cologne generally smells the same no matter who's wearing it, provided the people are clean, etc.

Dumbass.

Although I have heard of a person's body chemistry affecting a certain way a fragrance will smell on a person, in the grand scheme of things, there's not much stock to that. The more you know...

Actually, a person makes the outfit look good, not the other way around. Whereas the cologne makes the person smell good, not the other way around. In most cases, cologne generally smells the same no matter who's wearing it, provided the people are clean, etc.

Wrong. Cologne, just like an outfit, has to match the person. Like some lumberjack looking guy wearing some floral smelling shit would be weird. Or some pipsqueak wearing something bold and oldschool would just be funny. Like if they had gotten into their dad's cologne cabinet. It's just like some bigger gal wearing low rise jeans creating a damn muffin top.

Child.

Quote by Magical_felix

Wrong. Cologne, just like an outfit, has to match the person. Like some lumberjack looking guy wearing some floral smelling shit would be weird. Or some pipsqueak wearing something bold and oldschool would just be funny. Like if they had gotten into their dad's cologne cabinet. It's just like some bigger gal wearing low rise jeans creating a damn muffin top.

Child.

Just because a cologne doesn't suit the person who's wearing it doesn't mean it wouldn't smell the same. A lumberjack wearing fruity cologne that doesn't suit him wouldn't smell any better than someone wearing that same fruity cologne that does suit them.

And an outfit doesn't have to be ill-fitting to NOT look good or the same on someone else.

Prepubescent pretard.

Just because a cologne doesn't suit the person who's wearing it doesn't mean it wouldn't smell the same. A lumberjack wearing fruity cologne that doesn't suit him wouldn't smell any better than someone wearing that same fruity cologne that does suit them.

And an outfit doesn't have to be ill-fitting to NOT look good or the same on someone else.

Prepubescent pretard.

Everyone has been told, "oh wow you look great" after wearing some nice clothes. Not after wearing sweatpants. Reflect on your stupid ass theories.

The fact that you're using the word "suit" to argue my clothing metaphor is laughable at best. Run along and suck on your binky.
Quote by Magical_felix

Everyone has been told, "oh wow you look great" after wearing some nice clothes. Not after wearing sweatpants. Reflect on your stupid ass theories.

The fact that you're using the word "suit" to argue my clothing metaphor is laughable at best. Run along and suck on your binky.

This literally makes no sense. None of it.

This literally makes no sense. None of it.

Niether did science to a bunch of indians.
Quote by Magical_felix

Niether did science to a bunch of indians.

Native Americans. You disrespectful fuck.