I Love to See You Smile :)

last reply
19 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
How do you take care of those pearly whites? Any tips you wanna share?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Not smoking or drinking too much coffee are the best preventive measures. Getting a tan can also help fade the yellow color.

I know there are some recipes you can try with baking soda or other products. Never tried those. You could Google that maybe.
0 likes
Your diet does play a major part in what your teeth look like.

Also, I sometimes use sesame oil in place of mouthwash. It's called the Oil Pulling Method. The idea behind it is using oil to pull all the toxins from your body. When I started using it, my teeth were whiter, but not an inauthentic white like some products do to your teeth. I also noticed my breath was fresher...like I could taste the freshness. It was great. My gum-line was healthier. My gums were actually noticeably pinker. My tongue was also healthier. I was told when I first heard of this method that all of this would happen, and it all turned out to be true.

I actually remember being at the dentist and him asking me what I was doing differently because he could tell that while my mouth was overall healthier, there was no indication that I'd been using any kind of whitening products.

But also, if you think about trying it, carry mints with you at all times, especially if you're not eating a clean diet...because remember, it's the Oil Pulling Method, so it's detoxifying. So in the beginning, you'll have a weird taste in your mouth because all of those toxins in your mouth are being pulled forward.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
Your diet does play a major part in what your teeth look like.

Also, I sometimes use sesame oil in place of mouthwash. It's called the Oil Pulling Method. The idea behind it is using oil to pull all the toxins from your body. When I started using it, my teeth were whiter, but not an inauthentic white like some products do to your teeth. I also noticed my breath was fresher...like I could taste the freshness. It was great. My gum-line was healthier. My gums were actually noticeably pinker. My tongue was also healthier. I was told when I first heard of this method that all of this would happen, and it all turned out to be true.

I actually remember being at the dentist and him asking me what I was doing differently because he could tell that while my mouth was overall healthier, there was no indication that I'd been using any kind of whitening products.

But also, if you think about trying it, carry mints with you at all times, especially if you're not eating a clean diet...because remember, it's the Oil Pulling Method, so it's detoxifying. So in the beginning, you'll have a weird taste in your mouth because all of those toxins in your mouth are being pulled forward.

I am impressed. What a great suggestion!.

I am putting sesame oil on my shopping list.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Sesame oil huh?

Interesting? What brand and how do you use it? Like, after you brush your teeth at night or before? Or in the morning. This sounds really intriguing.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm quite satisfied with my teeth myself, even though I'm a heavy coffee addict. I stopped smoking about 1-1/2 years ago, so I'm still on the hype of not having those yellow smoker's teeth anymore.

I guess I just brush thoroughly, with your average whitening toothpaste.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Autumn17
I do the sesame oil thing too, I've tried it with coconut oil as well! I haven't been doing it long and I forget to alot of days but here's a informational article on it http://www.ehow.com/how_2303191_oil-pull-health.html#page=3

I don't use toothpaste with fluoride because fluoride isn't healthy and it's actually a poison so I use fluoride free toothpaste.
http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hub/Why-is-Fluoride-Bad-for-You

I might try that very soon. Never had any complaints about my teeth, but the whiter the better. Thanks!

Also, strangely enough, many cities around the world add fluoride to their water supplies for a supposed "general healthcare benefit". I heard an interesting debate about it on the radio the other day... I couldn't decide if it was legitimate to do it, as both sides had many pros/cons.
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Sesame oil huh?

Interesting? What brand and how do you use it? Like, after you brush your teeth at night or before? Or in the morning. This sounds really intriguing.

It's used in place of mouthwash. Some people do both, but it's really not necessary. And you would use it as often as you use mouthwash, so right after you brush your teeth, morning and night.

I use Spectrum Unrefined Organic Sesame Oil. I get it from Whole Foods.

I'm sure you can use any kind, but I got the tip/instructions from a blogger/vlogger that I follow, so I just used what she used.

Matriarch
0 likes
I've read about oil pulling. I'm hesitant to do it, as I have a fair number of inlays / onlays / crowns, and there's a chance oil pulling will cause problems with those.

Here's some natural home remedies.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I will admit I am very evil with my toothcare regimen. I use drugstore brand toothpaste (the mintier tasting the better), minty or cinnamon floss

and I love my Listerine Total-Care mouthwash that yep - boasts of 7x greater fluoride uptake vs ACT.

And... wait for it... I have also professionally whitened my teeth before and they look awesome. *ducks as bottles of oil come flying at my head*

And yes, I know it's all horribly un-organic of me, but I don't care. I have tried the healthy toothpastes with sea salt etc but they honestly make me gag. I just can't get around it... Sworrry...
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

And... wait for it... I have also professionally whitened my teeth before and they look awesome. *ducks as bottles of oil come flying at my head*

And yes, I know it's all horribly un-organic of me, but I don't care. I have tried the healthy toothpastes with sea salt etc but they honestly make me gag. I just can't get around it... Sworrry...

Trust me, I understand. I don't do organic toothpaste...that's where I draw the line. I've had my share of teeth-whitening procedures and the like. And the dental floss I use is waxy with artificial mint flavoring (I like to lick it). And the taste of the sesame oil right after a brushing is terrible. The first time I tried it, I didn't go back to it for weeks.

So there will be no launching of oil bottles at you from my end. I love [s]most[/s] all things organic, but I draw my own lines as well.

And most of this stuff I'm just now discovering like in the last couple of years or so. It's expensive in the beginning but cost effective overtime, so it's a gradual thing. I didn't just wake up one day and decide to stop whitening my teeth and all was well. Pfft.

The Linebacker
0 likes
I brush 3x daily with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda toothpaste, floss once a day, gargle about twice a day. I go for regular check-ups and teeth cleanings. So far they are white and straight.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

It's used in place of mouthwash. Some people do both, but it's really not necessary. And you would use it as often as you use mouthwash, so right after you brush your teeth, morning and night.

I use Spectrum Unrefined Organic Sesame Oil. I get it from Whole Foods.

I'm sure you can use any kind, but I got the tip/instructions from a blogger/vlogger that I follow, so I just used what she used.

Just picked up a bottle myself. We'll see how it goes. I checked out the links Autumn provided and googled it myself. I see one set of directions that says you oil pull for 20 minutes, spit it out, and then you can brush.

I think I'll try it that way.....I've no desire to go to sleep out night with my mouth tasting of oil.
Lurker
0 likes
all mine were knocked out with bulls horns,,got false ones but they fall out all the time,,and waitress,s get upset when I take em out after eating and wash em in the water glass,so really theres nothing to smile about
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I brush 3x daily with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda toothpaste, floss once a day, gargle about twice a day. I go for regular check-ups and teeth cleanings. So far they are white and straight.

Are you suspecting they may become un-straight with out proper brushing, flossing and gargling
I brush at least twice a day thrice would be better but the kids are up my butt and sometimes it isn't possible. Flossing and gargling at least once and professional cleanings every 6 months. My teeth are not straight at all, they're awfully crooked but very well taken care of. I blame my parents for bad genes haha.... Clean and healthy is the goal here!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Jessica_Heart

Are you suspecting they may become un-straight with out proper brushing, flossing and gargling

when teeth go gay... *gigglefit*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I brush twice a day. Once in the morning along with mouth wash. I brush at night and floss afterwards.
I tend to change toothpastes and mouthwashes because I get bored of the same tastes. As I do with everything. So, I like to change it up each time.
Call me crazy...
0 likes
Brush and floss. Should do more of the latter and probably even more of the former.