last reply
70 replies
8.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweet_as_candy
Whatever he feels more confident/comfortable wearing (obviously still caring about his appearance). I'm a sucker for good footwear.
Love this look

I do too. But I only wear it when I have a good or better tan. It is one of the handful of looks I think I can pull off.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I buy Hubbie most of his shirts. A lot of those are the Hawaiian style which he can wear with slacks, jeans, or shorts. He has even worn a few with a suite, tucked in, and without a tie. My favorite, and to me the sexiest, was his Air Force flight suite.

Brandie
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme
I do too. But I only wear it when I have a good or better tan. It is one of the handful of looks I think I can pull off.

It's a gorgeous look
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweet_as_candy

It's a gorgeous look

Like your hair style in this avatar angel. Thank you Candy!

When I was young and single I used to spend all my money on trips to the beach, and classy clothing.
Esquire's "Good Groomers Guide "was great then. There were many great places to buy the clothes here too since a lot of the mills that makes shirts, pants, suits, etc., were right her, and great shoes and boots were made up in Maine.
We used to get fine leathers from Tuscany, the finest wools from England, and silk ties from Italy.
I wish I could name the names of who I bought from but I don't think that is allowed here. I was quite different from my students who went from late hippies to grunge and millennial outfits.
I was always trim then, and could wear shirts like you show, but they were not easy to fit, and I had no waist and broad shoulders.
I got some nice dates with women at the modeling school later, where I got a Uni job at 23. So we were very close in age. There was no need to be "woolfish" and "aggressive." Women were just getting more and more liberated then and life was a charm. I know the clothes had a lot to do with it. Sorry to brag, but this thread so captivates me!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I have four gears.

First gear is my everyday dress, jeans and a tee shirt (the dreaded cargo pants come out in the summer). Up a gear is a button down shirt with jeans and nice shoes, my own personal favorite look, and one I feel I pull off well. Third gear is to change the jeans into nicer pants, maybe add a sportscoat, another look I am pretty comfortable in. Fourth gear is the full scale suit, in which I feel I am a little out of my element, but LJ helps with that with a little grooming and lots of "You look so handsome"'s (there is no way I punctuated that correctly).
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

i'm a low maintenance gal and have always preferred the fella to be the same. jeans and a white tee is one of my favorite outfits to see on a man. crisp white t-shirts compliment classic jeans perfectly. i also LOVE seeing a guy in fresh white kicks! this outfit takes that idea up a notch; perfect for a saturday spent out and about.

Say. Her. Name.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Because of my profession, most men I work with are in suits. I would rather see a man dressed up in a suit than in a straggly pair of blue jeans any day. (Same for women - doesn't hurt to dress up and look like a woman instead of downplaying your femininity!)
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986
Because of my profession, most men I work with are in suits. I would rather see a man dressed up in a suit than in a straggly pair of blue jeans any day. (Same for women - doesn't hurt to dress up and look like a woman instead of downplaying your femininity!)

I agree with Meagananne 100%. I work in a professional job and cringe when I see a guy dressed as if he has just come off a construction site. An office is not the place for such clothes, neither is a date for that matter. She is also quite right about female dressing, too. One of the great privileges about being female is the clothes we can wear, and I adore being feminine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SarahFun

I agree with Meagananne 100%. I work in a professional job and cringe when I see a guy dressed as if he has just come off a construction site. An office is not the place for such clothes, neither is a date for that matter. She is also quite right about female dressing, too. One of the great privileges about being female is the clothes we can wear, and I adore being feminine.

As a guy I very much agree. I have seen couples on a Saturday night whereby the woman has spent probably an hour or so in getting ready and finding a pretty outfit to wear. The guy on the other hand grabs a creased T shirt with some advertising logo and wears the same jeans he's probably worn all week . He will add to that with the scruffiest pair of trainers/sneakers her can find. I also see many singles dressed this way and then they may wonder why they are still single !

I tend to respect my partner, and if she is wearing a dress , I will wear a shirt ,tailored jacket( blazer or sports) , trousers ( chinos or newish denims) and brown shoes ( black is too formal ) .TBH it doesn't require a massive amount of effort either .
0 likes
Depends on the situation.

Punk:bomber jacket,fitted band/solid colour t-shirt-skinny jeans-T.U.K. leather creepers or Docs oh and leather skinny braces.

Event:fitted blk suit w/ patent leather dress shoes or black tie attire.

I couldn't careless about trends. It's a waste of money.

Oh, lazy dressing is a no for me.