0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Is it to be told you are wanted?

OR

Is it to be told you are needed?

OR

Both?

Hope that does not sound like a weird question!!! we just deal with it in every aspect of life, I think.
Active Ink Slinger
From reading it I'd say needed but I could be proven wrong by the right person saying wanted in the right way.
Active Ink Slinger
Hmm it's a good question and thought provoking.

I think when it comes to relationships, wanting someone in your life is much healthier that needing someone. Needing denotes dependence. In most cases, dependence in adults is not only not healthy but not very attractive. Just because a person needs you doesn't necessarily mean they care about you or even love you. They may NEED you because you take care of them financially, sexually or do other things for them that enhance THEIR life. Feels more selfish. However, when someone WANTS you most of the time it is because they truly care about you and may even love you for YOU and not only for what you can do for them. It's a choice they're making rather than just an itch that needs scratching.

Hearing that someone WANTS me is WAY more of a turn on than telling me he needs me.
Lurker
To be told you're needed implies a practicality and maybe even an insecurity on the part of the person telling you.

To be told you're wanted is obviously far more lustful and also leads from the heart and not the head, which is far more of a turn on!