Login

What age do you want to live to?

last reply
16 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Butterfly
I know it can get a bit morbid, but it doesn’t have to. Moreover, it helps to see how we view old age and our place in the future smile

Me first :)

No one in my family's last 6 generations has lived more than 100 years. So I'd like to cross that magic number :)
Not concerned about the quantity of life as I am the quality. At present I'm only 69 and doing pretty well with a few skeletal issues due to an active life.
Rainbow Warrior
Eldon Tyrell: "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy!" This might apply to me too!
Lurker
I would like to live to that age where I still have my mental capacities....once those leave me, I will be ready to leave this Earth.
Mana wahine
Quote by clum

Awwww, that's a shame! I date older men and 40 is *Chef's kiss* prime time.
Mana wahine
My great grandmother is still alive, and she turns 105 soon. I don't think I'd like to live quite that long though. I guess until I'm too old that I can no longer get a sugar daddy.
Clumeleon
Quote by laura
Awwww, that's a shame! I date older men and 40 is *Chef's kiss* prime time.

Quit while you're ahead. Go out at the top of your game.

Joking aside, I think knowing the age at which I would die could be a real motivator to get shit done. If I'm gonna die at 40 (a bit more than ten years away) then I've got a lot to pack in.
Butterfly
Till the time when I'll have no gf :P
Active Ink Slinger
I tentatively plan on retiring at 75. It feels like a solid number, it’s certainly not sooner than it needs to be, and it’s the age my great grandfather retired at.
So that being said, I’d like to make it past 100 and really experience what a century-worth of time is like. Plus it would give me a decent 25+ years of retirement-life which feels like a good amount.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

The Linebacker
Damned old! Very old! So old that I'll need a penis pump implant, and my walker can attach to a sex swing.
Lurker
My people tend to live a long time, but I think I'll be done at 90.
Advanced Wordsmith
Well, lets see. My mom (older than dad ) died when she was 51. Dad died when he was 50. My older brother died when he was 49. I was NOT looking forward to my 48th birthday. Instead, that year my wife of 29 years passed away suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 47. sad Since then, I figure I have had over 7,000 freebie days . I will be 68 next month, just starting to have smaller health issues and just live day to day. But I live that day to day on an island in the Caribbean, and can truthfully say, when my time does come, the thought in my head and on my lips will be this. "THANKS GOD, IT WAS A HELLUVE RIDE".
Site administrator
Expectation and desire being different, hopefully, for various reasons, another ten years.