Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Should serial trolling be allowed in forums?

last reply
208 replies
11.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Should 'serial trolling' be allowed in the forums?

40 votes remaining
Yes, I love to see someone throw jabs (3 votes) 8%
No, it derails what could be a great topic (28 votes) 70%
I don't care, I enjoy it sometimes (20 votes) 50%
I will leave it it starts to get out of hand (1 vote) 3%
I join in with the aggressor, it's fun (0 votes) 0%
I watch but don't join in (1 vote) 3%
I'll eventually leave the site (0 votes) 0%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red

I find I have to agree with you. This argument is over. The continued attempt to fight it is only creating more angst and unpleasantness. I would prefer the block function be more complete, but it still removes that constant irritation from being front and center each time one logs on.

It has been a long while since I've seen such a destructive issue here. We lost one brilliant writer and may lose another, and for what? As I can see, for nothing at all. I have made a point in being sympathetic to those who feel the level of hostility has reached offensive heights, but the fight against it has become just as offensive. It is time for it to stop.

Too much time and energy has been demanded of an already over taxed moderating team that, regardless of how one feels from the outside, is at least trying its level best to be even handed. I know this is true, because I see it first hand. Now we have reached a point where so many hard feelings are being created that will likely cause friendships to be damaged for months or years to come.

I'm asking those who feel the level politeness here has dropped, to reflect and ask themselves, is perpetuating this argument going to make this forum the place of peaceful discourse you seek? I don't believe it does, and if that is indeed what we desire, then we are obligated to lead by example and climb above the sewage. I doubt very much I will be heeded by either side in this discussion, but I do ask that those who want a more calm discourse, at least consider what I have said.

I will stop here, after one last thing.
This thread proves loud and clear, that for some the rules simply don't apply. It was argued, that in the think tank, an adult swim, we should deal with attacks and insults, or block them. This thread however, was not part of that adult swim. Still, the rules on posting were rudely ignored, without any interference. In stead of stopping the violations, they were endorsed. Nobody will ever even think of complaining about out beloved troll again. This thread proves he's untouchable. Congratulations Jack.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i