Sexy Music Recommendations

last reply
25 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Since a short while, I've been looking for new music to have sex to.

The music I normally listen to is mostly related to rock or alternative, and so my 'sexual playlist' is often a collection of many different songs from various artists (eg. Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Pink Floyd, etc.). These artists not specifically playing 'sensual' or 'erotic' music all that much, I'm often a bit limited in my selection of songs.

I've been trying to find artists that offer a more modern sound, with some kind of edge to it and maybe a few electronic elements. Essentially, I'd like some suggestions of records/compilations that are appropriate for sex from one end to the other; that way I'd only have to select one record on my computer/iPod when having sex, or at least it would be easier to create playlists.

Maybe something similar to this:

Thanks for your help!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If it's a quick fuck, I find Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" works for me.
Lurker
0 likes
I love, love, love soft gentle romantic music, it really does put me in the mood
Lurker
0 likes
I have to confess that one of my pet peeves is trying to classify music into broad types. It kind of worked for record stores (remember those anyone?). But I do understand that helpful archetypes can help develop an understanding.

With that caveat - my favorite music to hear while in a hot and sexy lovemaking session is electronic. It dates back to when I used to play with my girlfriend in college and we'd put Tangerine Dream on. The trancelike rhythms, the changes in pace and driving expansive melody lines ... Yeah, still makes me sweat.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I love echoey Native American flute music. I also love the ambient sound of Steve Roach. Or go classical! Can't beat Bolero for sex!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maurice Ravels Classic. BOLERO.
I have tried a few tunes but that one does it all and we never fail. Its a classic in every sense.
First saw it in a film "10" with Bo Derek and Dudley Moore. We bought a copy on the way home and I couldn't wait to get home with him and try it for ourselves.
The tempo is perfect and the duration of nearly 16 minutes gives us time to really get into it with a resounding climax to music.
We have never tired of using it when the mood is right.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Thanks for the recommendations people.

That Bolero music makes me feel like this however...

When I often prefer it like this...

**Image removed by moderator. Too explicit for this section of the forum.**
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I love echoey Native American flute music. I also love the ambient sound of Steve Roach. Or go classical! Can't beat Bolero for sex!

Both Bethany and Meggsy mentioned Bolero and I agree 100%! Soooo seductive!!
We've used the soundtrack from The Mission, and nice quiet jazzy flute, guitar, saxophone works for us.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy
Maurice Ravels Classic. BOLERO.
I have tried a few tunes but that one does it all and we never fail. Its a classic in every sense.
First saw it in a film "10" with Bo Derek and Dudley Moore. We bought a copy on the way home and I couldn't wait to get home with him and try it for ourselves.
The tempo is perfect and the duration of nearly 16 minutes gives us time to really get into it with a resounding climax to music.
We have never tired of using it when the mood is right.

Brilliant choice Meggsy! I also first heard it in 10, now it's going around my head and after reading your story I'll be ready for David...
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Since a short while, I've been looking for new music to have sex to.

I have loved Metric since they came onto the Indie scene. Yw/oY is a great song!!

Here's one I really love .... maybe it fits what you're looking for:

USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker) is an alternative dance musical duo that began working out of Parkdale, a neighbourhood situated in the west end of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The band is composed of vocalist, guitarist and erhu player Ashley Buchholz (aka Ash Boo-Schultz) and turntablist/hype man Jason "Human Kebab" Parsons.

The USS sound is a mixture of drum and bass beats, grunge-like guitar riffs and 2-step rhythms. "We like to call what we do the campfire after-party," Ash said, "It's like you're at Nirvana Unplugged but there's a drum and bass party and glow sticks all around you."
0 likes
How about a lil Phantogram?

0 likes
Here's another for you SP ......

0 likes
sorry ..... but I reviewed my playlist and went .... oh there's another one!!

This band is fabulous ... sexy .....

0 likes
Ok .... I'll stop now!! lol

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Violator by Depeche Mode or The Serpents Egg by Dead Can Dance are both amazingly sensual albums to do the dirty to. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
Violator by Depeche Mode or The Serpents Egg by Dead Can Dance are both amazingly sensual albums to do the dirty to. smile

Old school ..... Depeche Mode, Indeed!!

0 likes
here's a song best enjoyed played very loud ..... and being naked with someone ..... oh yeah!!

VNV Nation is an English/Irish electronic music band originally from Dublin and Essex and now based in Hamburg, Germany. They combine elements of electro-industrial, trance, synthpop and electronic body music (EBM). The members are Ronan Harris and Mark Jackson. The "VNV" in the name stands for "Victory not Vengeance", in keeping with the group's motto, "One should strive to achieve, not sit in bitter regret."
Lurker
0 likes
For mood setting, Brooke Benton, Barry White or Nat King Cole. For doing it, "Do Me" by Bobbie Brown or "Highway of Love" (I once had a gal cuff me up side the head because she recognized a couple of my dance moves while we were gettin' it on! LOL)
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

That Bolero music makes me feel like this however...

Hahahaha ..... I always imagine Elephants sauntering in a line when I hear Bolero (not at all sexy!)

0 likes
How about a lil more new music like Banks .... this one is Begging for Thread

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Oh god, VanGogh! Your recommendations are so amazing, especially the first two and that last one.

Exactly what I was looking for... thanks!

Quote by sprite

Those are nice recommendations too, Spriteness. I already have a 'Best Of' from Depeche Mode which contains around 25 songs, I'll check out this whole Violator album.
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Oh god, VanGogh! Your recommendations are so amazing, especially the first two and that last one.

Exactly what I was looking for... thanks!

SO .... I have to share this one .... I just LOVE it!!

Lurker
0 likes
I really like this one.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by emilykiss
I really like this one.

That's a great one too, Emily. Kinda edgy/sensual... I love it.