Remember you first love?

last reply
46 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is said that your first love is the most heart wrenching gut twisting one. Do you remember yours? Are the memories like yesterday?
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I remember me first love... I met her when we both went out on the same day (it seems), looking for a blarney stone to kiss in the old country... Instead, she suggested it'd be better if I used me mouth in another place, & I told her she could kiss me arse, as I was off to the New World to find that "American Dream" I'd heard so much about.

"Fondness of dreams of my childhood, Who cares if they aren't perfectly good? I came here quite young, & here I have stayed, so like the beer stains on my shirts, the memories fade." = Some of the lyrics to my favorite song from the Emerald Isle.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Sure I remember. It was true puppy love. I was probably 5 when I first saw her. She looked like an exotic princess to me and I fell in love with her almost immediately. That lasted till I was 13 ;)

Even though it's quite sporadic, we still have contact every now and then, some 30 years later.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I still remember the first time I saw her as vivid as can be. I was 14 and until she passed a year ago every time we saw each other it felt like being 14 again. That was 35 years ago.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
absolutely! he was a wonderful young man then and a remarkable man now.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
Very well. I sleep with her every night. I wouldn't say that the memories are like yesterday but they are pretty fresh given that we've been a couple for 26 years and married for 22.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, my first love was on here itself on lush. Met her in pic room and then it's started. I still remember her smile, when she screamed first time "finallyyyyy" when we talked on voice messenger. Her smile when we talked on WhatsApp. So many memories. I used to talk to her so much that, I started to use her words., duhhhh and damnnnnn. Booooooo makes me smile now too. First love, best love.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
My first "love" is a prime example of being young and ridiculous. I shudder to think of ever having had a relationship of any permanence with the boy. There was no meaningful relationship - more of just a mad crush based upon flirtation that I somehow thought was love. I would think, by and large, that my experience is more the rule than the exception. So many of us know so little when we are young.

I heard that he died in a fire. I don't think he even made it to age 25.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
AAAAAAHHHH yes........remember him well.....dated when we were young kids..then he moved....he said we will meet this summer when he gets back.....never saw, nor heard fro him again...
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Yes. She was a cheerleader, which was not exactly my type, as nerdy and quiet as I was. But I loved her deeply. Until she went to a dance with Ricky B, a pastor's son for Christ's sake. I was devastated.

She had a three legged dog. I don't know why that seems an important detail, but it is.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Her name was Lego and she used to let me play with her all night long.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh yes this one time at band camp I gazed in her eyes as she made her flute disappear, so erotic. But then she grabbed a clarinet and I was nervous as it replaced the flute. Then a oboe slipped right in, and I get scared no way could I drop my drawers and follow that threesome.
Lurker
0 likes
I thought her name was Lego because that was all she ever said to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kimberly M...... She taught me a lifetime of lessons...
Lurker
0 likes
Helen Kennedy...

(I was a MONTH younger than SHE WAS and we... Well, her 16th birthday was a pretty memorable evening...)

Been in love since and OFTEN, indeed...

Never anything QUITE as magical since... (Heroin addicts say you ALWAYS chase THE VERY FIRST HIT!!!) Perhaps you do...

She appears in VARIOUS GUISES in some of my bits, but THIS ONE is ENTIRELY about HER!!!:

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/helen-1.aspx

xx SF

(Haven't seen her in 35 years. Have NO IDEA what ever happened to her. Think of her pretty much every day... I was VERY LUCKY to have known her as we knew each other...)

Actually, fuck it, I'll TELL YOU...

Ireland in the late '70s... Because of the age difference I was ONE YEAR behind her in High-School so she went to College before I did. (I joined the Army straight out of school and was in OTC for a year.) She fell pregnant by one of her lecturers and to avoid THE TERRIBLE SCANDAL was whisked away to ENGLAND by her parents... (Termination was then, as now, illegal in Ireland...) She ended up un-pregnant and settled with relatives in England. I saw her BRIEFLY once after that when she visited home. We just talked. There wasn't a lot to say, or perhaps there was too much to ever say... I HEARD AFTERWARDS that she was pursuing a career as a JEWELLERY DESIGNER and moonlighting as a model. The episode in the piece IS TRUE. Years later I DID SEE HER in Dublin, just as described, but we did not speak... Thinking about it NOW, I realize THAT WE WERE CHILDREN!!! (But if I close my eyes I can still see her face.) Funnily enough, I've FALLEN HARDER since... I've been HURT MORE and to my shame I've CERTAINLY hurt people more... But my GOD I remember her.

(ACTUALLY, Helen IS THE ONLY GIRL I'VE EVER HAD who I NEVER called anything else!!! She was always just HELEN...) Wow! (I just FLASHED on THAT!!!)
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
yep, he's still my best friend.

Despite the romantic side of our relationship having faded many, many years ago, he is a constant protective presence in my life. Over the course of time he's always looked out for me, far more than my family have. I'm very lucky.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, she is an amazing woman. I fell in love at first sight in my first day in University. Lucky me, I just found the way to be in touch with her again.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I remember her from time to time. We were off and on all through high school. Her family situation had her constantly moving from place to place. Whenever she would move back to my area we would start dating again and when she would move away we'd always try the long distance. We graduated in separate parts of the state and I never saw her again. We Facebook-ed a couple times in college, but stopped talking when we both got into separate serious relationships. I last heard from a cousin of mine that she lives in Hawaii. Although I never made it past second base with her, I have some fond memories and she will always be my "what if"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first girl I ever felt like I loved certainly holds a special place in my heart and mind. Unfortunately, dispite all of the positive memories, the later break up (and the events leading up to it) was, without question, one of the worst experiences I have ever had to endure. 'Gut wrenching' would be putting it lightly. Nevertheless, I can still recall nearly every detail from when we met, our first date, and sometime after, the first time we ever had sex. It's certainly one of those memories where one has to take the bad with the good in a bittersweet trip down memory lane.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
although i didn't realize it for a very long time, the first person i truly fell in love with is now my wife. the others where just passing fancies.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I remember my first "crush" - certainly wasn't love but oh I thought it was as a young lad lol...

Certainly do remember my first real love - college girlfriend - we dated for 4 years and it was love but we were young and going in different directions. Was very hard when it ended. It was 25+ years ago but I do remember lots from it. Within the last few years we've reconnected after years of nothing. It's just friendship - nothing more - but I do enjoy having her in my life even just a little. Nice getting a text or email from her like last week wishing a Merry Christmas. We had a great relationship and I feel lucky for it.
Lurker
0 likes
I remember my first love I was 18 and his name was Eric eller and he was my first lover too so it was a learning experience and broke my heart when we broke up and 6 weeks later he married the girl he dated before me
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Ah yes,young red haired Carol,never to be forgotten Carol.We were fifteen,and I loved her.....
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My first true love.. remember it like it was yesterday.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah.. who can forget that. First kiss, first sex, first whatever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very much so - but the rules prevent me from discussing it here.
Those memories will live with me forever.