job lying

last reply
25 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ever lied about your job to some one your trying to impress for a night of sex, if so did you get found out what happened
Head Nurse
0 likes
Nope, I'm content with and what I am
Lurker
0 likes
No need. My credentials and experience spoke for themselves. Been with the same company since graduating with my MS degree 9 years ago.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by CeiranH
No need. My credentials and experience spoke for themselves. Been with the same company since graduating with my MS degree 9 years ago.

I don't think the OP was asking if you lied to get your job. I think he was asking if you ever lied about what you do for a living to impress someone.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

0 likes
No. In fact, what I do has made for great conversations.

However I do find that, being female, there's virtually no pressure when it comes to that sort of thing...unless you're with a guy who's really into career-oriented women.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bluewolf12
Ever lied about your job to some one your trying to impress for a night of sex, if so did you get found out what happened

Most people don't believe what I do so I don't usually tell them. And the reason they don't believe is that its the sort of thing people make up.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

I don't think the OP was asking if you lied to get your job. I think he was asking if you ever lied about what you do for a living to impress someone.

Again, same answer - my past military service (and I have the paperwork to prove it) and my degree made it a non-issue.

Though the past 5 years it's been a non-issue anyway ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Would you like fries with that?" - always got me some action! So no I have never lied about being a multilingual, classical concert pianist, helicopter piloting billionaire!
I mean EL James just totally screwed my love life over.wEsuZZAq0Usy3ItN

But in all seriousness never felt the need to pretend to be something I am not.

"What kind of sauce would you like?"
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope. I really am a professional firefighter. Besides, it isn't the job that gets the ladies, it's how you treat them that matters. I have seen accountants who get just as much (if not more) than some in the more "macho" work fields!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have not, I do however try to keep it out of the conversation for a good junk of time.

Brings up another question, what profession would make one more appealing? Male or female?
Lurker
0 likes
no need for that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its good to know that no one feels the need to lie about their job
Classified
0 likes
Quote by wolverine15
"Would you like fries with that?"

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by wolverine15
"Would you like fries with that?" - always got me some action! So no I have never lied about being a multilingual, classical concert pianist, helicopter piloting billionaire!
I mean EL James just totally screwed my love life over.hK08jZW717yWLkPf

But in all seriousness never felt the need to pretend to be something I am not.

"What kind of sauce would you like?"

Wait, are you saying you can't get me a lifetime supply of free french fries!?! Curses!

To answer the OP: No.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No..I always get caught

Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No, and hell no...

But I met a guy years ago who I think was telling me a major honest porkie- he told me he was in the SAS! Anyway, I told him I didn't think I wanted to be chatting or dating a guy who could slice and dice me, and dispose of me in at least 26 different ways without leaving any forensic evidence!
Creepy... but I guess there are just some occupations you should really lie about.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why would I lie about my job to impress someone? Being a celebrity astronaut-bull fighting president is more than impressive enough for the average person.

:P
Lurker
0 likes
Not since reaching adulthood.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Arcanum
I have not, I do however try to keep it out of the conversation for a good junk of time.

Brings up another question, what profession would make one more appealing? Male or female?

There are definitely professions that can instantly pique interest, that is why I rarely mention mine.
0 likes
Quote by Icarus32
Why would I lie about my job to impress someone? Being a celebrity astronaut-bull fighting president is more than impressive enough for the average person.

:P

If you were a firefighting astronaut-bullfighting president policeman, I would have actually been impressed.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola

There are definitely professions that can instantly pique interest, that is why I rarely mention mine.

OK, I HAVE to know what your's is now, you said rarely hinting at the fact that you do on occasion share.... ;-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I haven't, but I've caught numerous men lying to me about their job. When I find out, you're toast and I'm outta there, even if I'm in bed with him and he has his dick in me.
Lurker
0 likes
No...but men have stretched the truth before.