Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there a scent that turns you on instantly? or turns you off?

last reply
37 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me the smell of fresh rain is an instant turn on. There are many scents that bring up so many emotions, like lilac reminds me of my Mother. On the opposite end, the smell of stale sweat is a turn off. I do like to snuggle with my husband when he is all sweaty after sex, but that is fresh sweat with a good reminder.

Any scents that turn you on or off???
...I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn’t be so bad. But where the hell did I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don’t know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
-Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton)
Lurker
0 likes
Its aftershave for me a guy wearing a gorgeous aftershave gets me. My favourite is Paco Raban Millions. Love too snuggle up with guy wearing that. Also the musky man scent from a guy as l go down on him. Mmmmm perfect.
Turn off yep stale body odour. Xx
Lurker
0 likes
the smell of a man who has been working in a garage is a big turn on
Lurker
0 likes
I love the smell of coconut shampoo fresh out the shower and the smell of vanilla any time just gets my blood pumping to the good place lmao
Lurker
0 likes
Sun tan lotion. The effect it has on me surprises me almost every time.
Lurker
0 likes
Mint gum, light amount of cologne, fresh laundry, love it all
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The scent of my partner before we do it and the taste of her afterwards.
Lurker
0 likes
Jungle Gardenia, by Tuvaché - The first time I smelled it was in 1967. I was a 19 year-old sailor on liberty from boot camp on a bus in Chicago, and the beautiful young woman wearing it was sitting in the seat in front of me. It smelled so good I slid up to the edge of my seat, afraid the whole time that she would notice me and turn around and slap me. It would be another year, when I met my wife, before I found out the name of it.
0 likes
Scents that magically Turn Me On

 The smell of sex... that scent that is conjured from excitement in the air.
 A hint of “man smell” of a little sweat and a little cologne mixed
 Rain
 Cinnamon
 Wood burning, like a fireplace
 Asian poppies
 Milk and honey
 Snuggle Fabric softener for laundry
 Chlorine and Bleach smell (I think of a swimming pool)

 (My Love would say: Pumpkin, & Snow, me –my natural & private scent & my perfume, leather, and coffee, I bet)

Turn Offs
 Beer, wine, and liquor smell
 Bad breath
 Cheap cigars
 Musky/dusty scents
 Lysol cleaner
 Fried foods
 Burnt smelling things: rubber, grease, etc.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My turn on scents:
 My girlfriend’s scent like her own sweat, perfume, and womanly scent
 Pumpkin
 Coffee
 The smell of sex

My turn off scents:
 Pepper (not a turn off smell but it bothers me lol)
 Dusty or musty smell
 Beer breath
 cigars

So mostly I like my baby's scent and her scent is the only turn on for me and I know she likes my man smell as I can see her post above me lol. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
I quite like the smell of leather.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
His deo turns me on instantly, and that's why he uses that particular deodorant only. Also, Hot chocolate is something my favorite, and its yummy smell can do things for me..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The smell of cut grass and rain, coconut and lime, fresh linen definitely turn-ons and sweaty arm pits, smelly feet turnoffs
Lurker
0 likes
Cologne and after shave, fresh laundry, fireplace mm love love love

Stinky breath or feet
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love men wearing Bvlgari fragrances because those have always been my favourite. A turn off would be bad breath but this is probably universal.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anything made by Axe dries me up instantly and powders my eggs. LOL I like hypnotic scents. Paloma for men, Pi, those deep amber scents are great. Anything that reminds me of hot skin. The smell a very few men have on their skin from sweat....not stank, but that worked-up salty skin smell.

Men's scent that has undertones of sandalwood, vanilla, musk, amber. Something with a 'green' scent like evergreen even...but if it's Polo or Drakkar or anything in that family, my face clogs up and can't stand it. Get it away! Also like someone else mentioned, the smell of pot. You could be the hottest damned thing on two legs but if you reek of pot my legs slam closed like a bank vault and you are done.

and I'm probably the only one to say it: but a man who's been working on an engine and is all dirty from grease and gasoline....wet wet, WET! There is something about the metallic smell of engine grease and grime that makes my nipples hard and I want to just slam his ass down and get on it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think it a turn on scent, but it does remind me of a time I was insanely turned on- the first weekend together with my now husband. The scent funnily enough is lynx Africa. Everytime I smell it, it takes me back. Pretty sure I blush instantaneously.
Idk... Gryffindor?
0 likes
One particular scent that turns me on? Hmm.... Nothing that immediately comes to mind.

As for scents that turn me OFF... the list is rather long. I have a very strong sense of smell. Sooooo if I'm chatting with a girl and she reeks of cigarettes/tobacco and/or alcohol, for instance, I'm out. If she smells like weed, I'm done. Actually, if anybody smells like weed, I'm probably walking away because that stink is God-awful. Oh, and skunk, of course. lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My ex's perfume (I think it was Amor Amor) used to drive me wild! I don't know if it was the smell itself or because it made me think of her...
Head Nurse
0 likes
I love sandalwood essential oil. Makes me a little nuts, like a cat in heat honestly. There are other scents that smell great and can add to my enjoyment: the spicy salty smell of a clean man working. Fresh grass/hay, oil- a clean garage, baking bread, grilled ribs.

Turn offs? Gear grease. That red shit turns my stomach. Dirty human- not wow I worked hard today smell but the I-haven't bathed in days scent. C diff. Pseudomonas. Mildew.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I can't say there are too many scents that turn me on. It's not like I crack one every time I walk past the neighbour's freshly mown lawn or belly up to a hot chocolate.

But the smell of a nice perfume wafting off an attractive woman gets my motor running, as long as it's not a edible scent, like vanilla or something fruity. . Funnily enough though, fruity, tropical scented shampoo gets me too. I'm very complex. Well, maybe not. Pretty much anything pleasant coming from a beautiful woman is a turn on.

As for turn-offs, stale sweat, bad breath, cigarettes, and that cheesy feet smell.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The scent of girl-sex filling the room after hours of love-making with another girl. The sheets are soaked. Our skin is glistening... It drives me wild!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love a girl who wears Moon Drops by Revlon. It makes me almost instantly hard as it brings back some awesome memories of days gone by. :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What ever my husbands aftershave is, makes me want t crawl right up on him every time!
Lurker
0 likes
The smell of intercourse hanging in the air
Lurker
0 likes
I love the smell of man. I loathe the rancid smell of dirty, unwashed man
Lurker
0 likes
When men smell clean...freshly showered or a touch of cologne. Not too much...mm mm

Turn offs...BO, and other obvious stinkiness
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the smell of lemons turns me on...and as a result, lemon scented cleaning products
She's a saint with the lips of a sinner.
- r.m. drake
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
suntan lotion is a turn on
Lurker
0 likes
My instant turn off is perfume/cologne. I know that someone looking at this may think I'm nuts but I have a reasonable explanation; I'm allergic to artificial scents.
I can't say that any scent practically turns me on....