Is it or isn't it?

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
OK, I get it, "Incest" is bad BUT didn't every culture and civilization have , like the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians and even the Polynesians?
Even some modern-day Muslim sects have arranged " " marriages, to keep their money and property within their "families"!
Didn't Adam and Eve populate the world - starting as a single "family? Didn't Noah (after the flood) do the same thing?
Doesn't that make us all products of ?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
most cultures had and murder, too.

btw, the bible isn't meant to be taken literally. if you really thing that mankind began with Adam and Eve, well... not much i can do for you.

as to your final query, no. we are not (see above).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Gee, I love your typical "liberal Logic Analogy" --- btw I never took a Pro or Con stance to Incest I just asked a question --- and to CORRECT your assumptions, based on your omnipotence, back in the day " " and "murder" were NOT considered to be in the same category as " "...
In many cultures was considered normal and actually required for their Ruling Classes -- example, King Kamehameha of Hawaii was REQUIRED to marry his own sister :-)
But thank you for setting all of us dummies straight on what is right and what is wrong, what is correct and what isn't correct and what is the truth and what isn't... according to the Gospel of Sprite :-)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Roberte
Gee, I love your typical "liberal Logic Analogy" --- btw I never took a Pro or Con stance to Incest I just asked a question --- and to CORRECT your assumptions, based on your omnipotence, back in the day " " and "murder" were NOT considered to be in the same category as " "...
In many cultures was considered normal and actually required for their Ruling Classes -- example, King Kamehameha of Hawaii was REQUIRED to marry his own sister :-)
But thank you for setting all of us dummies straight on what is right and what is wrong, what is correct and what isn't correct and what is the truth and what isn't... according to the Gospel of Sprite :-)

actually, murder and were considered normal back in the day - take a look at any militarized civilization - , pillage, and plunder, my friend. as for the rest, no worries, i'm always happy to set you dummies straight on what is right and wrong. i mean, someone has to do it, might as well be me. you asked a question, i answered it - no need to get all bent out of shape.

ps. and, once again, adam and eve were NOT the beginning of mankind. that's a scientific fact, not an opinion. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
And we still eat apples and spare ribs

Makes you think doesn't it!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I se nothing wrong with
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by experienceavailable
I se nothing wrong with

other than it's illegal, ya mean? *sighs* btw, discussion of such is also against TOS, fyi.