getting away from a bad date

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you ever pretended to have to leave a date for family emergency to get out of a bad date of told them straight not interested
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I've done both.

In my experience it's just better to be up front about it instead of making up excuses to bail. Because at the end of the day, they still have your phone number and if they think all was going well up until your faked emergency, then they'll try to set up another date...and it's just not worth the hassle.

If the date is an obvious disaster, then that's different. You can mutually agree that things just aren't going that great and end each other's suffering.

And also, if the person is a total buttass, then it's your duty to let them know that the date sucks because they're a total buttass.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never used a family emegency as an excuse but I've stopped many dates at various times. Walking out of a club, outside a club, stopped a cab and got out, three times in bed and two of those during sex!!! I just say that I've changed my mind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My excuse is i'm a fan of lorana bobbitt.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I've never used a family emegency as an excuse but I've stopped many dates at various times. Walking out of a club, outside a club, stopped a cab and got out, three times in bed and two of those during sex!!! I just say that I've changed my mind.

Now that is impressive! I too have just said, "Look this is not turning out to be much fun for either of us, so why don't we just go home?" It is not arrogance, it is honesty and a respect for someone else's time.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have on rare occasion - usually I say I'm not feeling that well or just try to speed things along. I've never done anything rude like sneaking out on a date or leaving a guy mid-dinner to finish by himself.

To be honest, I avoid long dates in the first place if I'm on the fence for the first date or two. I always opt for 'drinks' rather than dinner. Dinner is too much of a commitment if you're not sure how interested you are. Going for 'drinks' lets you feel things out and if things are going well, you can turn it into dinner or something else, but if it's a flop at least there's no expectations and you can easily wrap things up and part ways.

If it was just casual drinks, I tend to save the "sorry I don't see this working out" conversation for the phone if/when he makes that follow up call or text. I always feel like chemistry is such a mutual thing so I'm usually just assuming he's not feeling it either and hoping it'll be a mutual fade. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way though and you have to be up front. Sadly in one case, I developed a psychotic stalker after one of those 'casual drinks' dates, but that's a whole other story.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm actually glad I'm not in the dating circuit anymore. If on a bad first date or actually sometimes it would be the second or third date when I realized that it just wasn't working out I would still suffer through until the bitter end of that date and either tell them at the end of the date or later by phone that it wasn't going to work out.

A lot of my first dates were fix ups and other people would be along, so I wouldn't do anything to upset or embarrass the girl in front of anyone. Sometimes in those fix ups, I'd feel obligated to try one or two more times and then I'd just have to end it.

Married now, so none of that pressure. Other kind of pressure but I like it better.