Friend Requests and Profiles

last reply
44 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am newer so I tend to friend writers that I connect with. Also, people with a profile that is well thought out and makes me laugh or smile helps...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I do and in case of writers I also check their stories i.e. quality of content.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I do check their profiles. I read their bios and check their pics if they have any. Whether I accept depends on the feeling I get from that and their request message, but it also depends on my mood I guess.
I may pass on the people who start their bio by telling what others should not do and how much they hate drama. I guess that makes me a hypocrite now

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lynnwitt
I read profiles and I check with current friends. Perhaps cold, but it does give some verification. Now it is the case that some have been recommended that are.... "out there"... smile

I think this is very wise!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like authors. I enjoy their work, thoughts, and stories. They seem to be enlightening about their lives. Yes,I always check the profiles
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do, has to be some common ground..
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I always check profiles. I will not add people if they just say add me. I explain on my profile if you would like to be friends, to please tell me a little about yourself.

I also do not cyber and if that is the reason why you want to be friends to just forget it.

I will not add people that have thousands of friends. Nope. Won't happen

Hugs,
xo
Lurker
0 likes
I only add those who have interest in writing. I delete those who I don't trust or brush me off.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't put much merit in profiles. Some are very entertaining to read though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've become quite brutal regarding friendships on social media and Lush is no exception. Whenever someone sends me a friend request I always check out their profile and any stories they may have if only out of curiosity. But it takes much more than just some blind and empty request sent my way for me to take notice.

I prefer to keep my list small and selective, quality over quantity as they say smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I check out their profile just to see what type of person they are.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Quote by Ajax
I don't put much merit in profiles. Some are very entertaining to read though.

I have to agree. I have spent some nights just reading through people's profiles and doing nothing else.
Lurker
0 likes
I've had plenty of requests that I've flat out ignored!

Anyone who sends me a request that has clearly taken the time to write to me (not just 'Hi'. Or another popular one, 'I'd like to talk'), and has a profile that looks real; then I'd accept

Some of the ones I've accepted I haven't spoken to much (no real complaint, just we aren't on at the same time etc), others I've become relatively close to. But either way, there is no harm done. So assuming they hit my criteria, I see no reason not to accept them.

But yes, I will read their profile. Of course I will
Lurker
0 likes
One must take a with a some ounce of common sense. If there is one little lie in it, then it all a lie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always check their profile. If it blank, forget it. If there is a written in the bio, with lots of pics, I consider them.
The romantic bi guy.

Stay horny my friend.