Dilemma...

last reply
7 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, thoughts, advice opinions or speak from experience. I recently had a message from someone who thinks they know me. From what they have said they might actually. They have more to lose than me being caught on here if its who I think.

So the question is, do I fess up and chat, tell them they must be wrong or ignore them.

Anyone had something similar? What did you do?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hannahjane
Ok, thoughts, advice opinions or speak from experience. I recently had a message from someone who thinks they know me. From what they have said they might actually. They have more to lose than me being caught on here if its who I think.

So the question is, do I fess up and chat, tell them they must be wrong or ignore them.

First thing is the op is double posted so if a mod could sort that please.

What does the other person want?
Your husband knows so you're not hiding anything. If you want to ignore them they may assume it's you but they can't be certain.
Lurker
0 likes
Whether a spouse knows about a LUSH membership or not does not indicate by default that the member wants friends/family knowing about it. What I would suggest is that you ask them more questions and make SURE it is you they know. And if it is, well, the cat is already out of the bag on that one. Even if you deny it, chances are they will pay close attention and come to determine it is you anyways. So it might be best if they DO know you, to just ask them to please keep this to themselves. And if you are uncomfortable talking or interacting with them, just say so. Most people will understand and give you your space. If they do not, block them. And if they harass you on the open forum, report it to the staff. If they have more to lose by being caught or known being on here, I think you are pretty safe though.
Candyman
0 likes
Before you 'fess up' and acknowledge anything, ask them some questions that only they would know the answer. But, if they have more to lose being here than you, I would say you are probably safe.

I 'know' someone from another site and they know I know. But, it serves me no purpose to say anything or to tell anyone.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

0 likes
rule to you both

don't ever OUT anyone

it is NOT up to you

period

me I wouldn't get involved with anyone who even though of doing that

press ignore
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by hannahjane

Hmmm, if it were me and I were concerned, I would block that person. *poof* my profile is gone to them; just a 404 error.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Your identity is yours. You don't owe that to anyone...unless you're pretending to be someone else entirely...but that's another story.

I say play it coy or simply ignore this person altogether. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Because at the end of the day, you're an adult. So is this other person. It'd be different if they were like, "Hey I know you!" in a friendly sort of way...like running into someone at the grocery store or something. But if they have malicious intent, tell them to fuck off. You're BOTH members here. There's room for the both of you...and shame on anyone trying to ruin that for you.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Chat Moderator
0 likes
Some very good advise here and some thoughts I have... I think you need to know this persons intent of why they want you to know that they know you... Personally I think they either want more or they just think its cool that you both know who each other are

... I think if you blocked them and just poofed, it would confirm their suspicions... Truly what matters is if this person makes you feel uncomfortable both here or in real life and what you would want if it turns out they do know you... Good luck and just be open about what you expect from him...
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot