Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Are you the 'Heartbreaker' or the 'Broken-Hearted'?

last reply
19 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mutual break-ups are very rare. Usually when a relationship ends one person is the heartbreaker and the other one is left to mend with a broken-heart. In your past relationship/s I'm curious to know which one are you, how were you able to cope and why?
Lurker
0 likes
My relationships have always been based on trust and honesty...with an ounce of common sense. If you are referring to online relationships, pure logic is a must. It doesn't take but a moment in Lush to understand what one is dealing with. It's like Elmer Fudd cat fishing without a license to tell the truth.Q1UVABRYuKCGAYYM
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Neither, relationships are special and not to take lightly. I have had a few break-ups and half by the woman and half by me. Tough to take no matter what.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I often get heartbroken for being an heartbreaker. This is serious, in fact.

But in most of my 'long-term' relationships ('long-term' referring here to a period of no more than 2 years), the breakup was a common agreement. It was still heartbreaking though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I often get heartbroken for being an heartbreaker. This is serious, in fact.

Ditto!
I had a phobia about commitment, I knew it was wrong but did it anyway even when I hurt myself.
0 likes
I have been the one in my former relationships to be the one to do the break-up. {I relate to Serene Prodigy^
Unlike dpw^ - it was NOT for that reason. I had/have no fear of committment or intimacy or things about that & I try very hard to know & be honest with myself & my partner. I would not want to do that to someone, if I could help it. I do consider people's feelings, and included in that are my own and others, even in those break-ups.}

*HOWEVER, despite the appearance that I may be "looked at" as the 'heart-breaker' & that may seem positive for my behalf that I was not the one forsaken though cold, (without knowing details), that they did not want to walk away from me & the relationship and I did- TRUTH is I am the one "heartbroken" (whether someone reading this believes that or not) because I usually wanted it to work, I may have wanted it to work out even MORE than the other person (?). I am ultimately, and MORE often, the one broken-hearted -but for me- because I usually had invested my heart and my time and grieved. (Appearances can be deceiving)

Sometimes it seemed it was for the best, and after talking this out and setting down- it became mutual, as I convinced them. Often it was hard, etc. After time I was respected, still cared for, civil. (Heartbroken? 'At the time & for awhile-yes).
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've been both, though being the broken-hearted one is more numerous. Both make me sick to my stomach.
Just keep wallowing in your own chaotic insecure delusions.
Lurker
0 likes
Have experienced both and the only relief on either side tends to be good sex! But in lieu of that I tend to throw myself into my work as an architect. That gives me focus in my life and have done some of my most creative work after a disastrous relationship end.
Lurker
0 likes
Never had my heart. I think I may have broken some, but not on purpose... Always tell men, I am not interested in relationships, they say they are fine with that. But some do try and change me.
Lurker
0 likes
The broken-hearted. I've only broken 3 hearts.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Hmm... probably pretty close to 50:50 actually.

(this is assuming we're talking about actual relationships and not a one-date 'not interested' or friend zone deal).

As for 'how I've coped' - sometimes things don't work out. It's just part of life. The worst thing would be being in a relationship where one person is forcing themselves to stick it out when they don't want to. The times I've been 'broken hearted' had more to do with how the demise of the relationship was handled rather than the actual end of it. Break ups can be unnecessarily hurtful and disrespectful when handled poorly.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm always the broken one. I'm too nice
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by heat23
I'm always the broken one. I'm too nice

Me too
Lurker
0 likes
I am the broken heart one. I would hope we all think our relationships are based on trust and truth but most of all love. Reminds me a little of my first love when I was young. My boyfriend (lover) after dating a year went in the service and we grew apart. I kind of knew it might happen and it did and how did I feel...LOST
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd say broken hearted. I broke his heart because he broke mine first. Rat Bastard
Lurker
0 likes
Broken-hearted....too many times to count
Lurker
0 likes
Broken hearted. I care about others feelings too much to break hearts ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Hmm... probably pretty close to 50:50 actually.

(this is assuming we're talking about actual relationships and not a one-date 'not interested' or friend zone deal).

As for 'how I've coped' - sometimes things don't work out. It's just part of life. The worst thing would be being in a relationship where one person is forcing themselves to stick it out when they don't want to. The times I've been 'broken hearted' had more to do with how the demise of the relationship was handled rather than the actual end of it. Break ups can be unnecessarily hurtful and disrespectful when handled poorly.

I quite agree with this. It is well put.