Login

Chat room custom backgrounds

last reply
11 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
I've been exploring the chat rooms more and more these days and finding them rather more fun that I thought I would. There is, however, one thing that most people observe and that is that it's quite difficult to see the colours of some fonts against a custom background (which by the way, I think is a brilliant feature). I was wondering if the contrast or brightness of the background could be set to a custom level to make it easier to see colours. Obviously at first it would be trial and error to get it right, but in the end would prove quite useful, I think.
Internet Sensation
Interesting suggestion, would make the bg more of a watermark.

For now orange font seems to be a good choice for most BGs.
Rookie Scribe
I personally find some of them to be quite annoying. It's a nice idea, but the execution isn't great. There is one in particular that's gray bricks, pretty much exactly the same shade as everyone's names.
Detention Seeker
Although some have to change their colors I find that the pink background seems to make pics and gif's stand out more.
Matriarch
It might be an idea to have the option to turn off backgrounds in every room.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
Quote by nicola

THIS!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

The Resident Princess
Quote by nicola

that would be AWESOME
Lurker
I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL
Gingerbread Lover
Quote by JohnC
I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL

A lot of people in the chat rooms like to have it off.

On the rare occasions that I venture into the chat rooms, I love the atmosphere the pictures evoke. It would be great to turn them on and off at will, though, if it's possible, as they make my eyes tired after a bit.

Sorry, Gav.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
Im not a tech/computer savy guy - but do have ideas. Love the dancefloor background, but question/idea: could a person send a picture and have it made into a background option? or maybe linked to their profile to be used as a chatroom background? I try to run a room once a week with a kind of old vintage style. Get compliments on the dancefloor one, but am wondering about if its possible to link others to profiles.
Come visit The SpeakEasy , open on most Saturday nights around 930pm Central Standard Time. A place to relax, unwind, listen to music. Chat, Dance or just Enjoy. Its a classy joint!
Weaver of Words
Quote by Guest

I don't know. LOL

I recently made this same suggestion in another thread. Add the ability to embed a picture that would display as each user entered the room, similar to the way the opening message does. But it would just remain there and not cover the room as a background. (I saw where someone had suggested where the ability to add a background pic on the fly be added. I do know that at least one of the current backgrounds was from a picture sent in by a member, and took a bit of adjusting to get it to work properly, so my guess would be, something like that would not be possible.)

Another idea I had about the user chat rooms is to add a color chart (rather than just the few preselected colors) so the room creator could have a greater selection of solid colors to choose from.