My job is to give orders all day. My question is, is it wrong for me to want

last reply
32 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Look at it this way: All day long you have people under you asking for your help. You're in charge and they want to know what you want. They come to your office and ask you all sorts of questions and have all sorts of needs. Your customers also look at you for guidance and help. So all day long you are put on the spot and you know if you mess up, there will be all sorts of screaming that you told them to do that or you said so. A lot of pressure to carry.

Now suppose there was someone (male or female) that told you to forget everything and focus on them. "Don't worry what others think, only what I think. Your only responsibility is to please me." Doesn't that make the world a lot simpler place? Yes there are a LOT or people in upper management type positions that love to have someone else take control once in awhile. It relieves them of the burden of responsibility and of being the "go to" guy all the time.

The problem with the ladder of success is that it leaves you a right handy target at the top of the ladder!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
as long as something is legal and consensual then there is nothing wrong with wanting it. letting go of control in some ways or for some spaces of time is something most people want to some extent so you should go with what you feel you need and makes you feel good