Login

Would you choose love or money?

last reply
29 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Love.
Call me jaded, but at this point in life, I say money. All love has done for me to this point in life is left me without money.
It sounds cold and callous, but at least with money I can be comfortable, if not happy. I thought I'd be happy with love and that never worked out.
If it's true/durable/genuine love, then love all the way.

I'm already plenty satisfied financially anyway. I've never needed much money to be happy; blame it on being broke most of my 20s.
I'd take sex over both of them!
That's easy. Love I can always make money.
Quote by fireman
That's easy. Love I can always make money.

What, you mean you can't always make love?
money because love can be bought
WTF... why cant I have both!
I would go for love over money any day. Doesn't mean i want to be poor but a lady who is beautiful inside and out is worth far more than any money.
How about 50/50 split. Love of money.
Well for me the love of a great woman lile what i have is good enough for me :-
Always love. Money comes and goes. Love doesn't.
money can't buy love. But, love alone can't feed you for the rest of life. Practically, for happy life, one needs both!
Having had one and not the other for so long now, I'd go love every time. Money doesn't stop you being lonely, and its love that I've had for so long!
Quote by chrisd2210
Always love. Money comes and goes. Love doesn't.

I beg to differ. Love does come and go that's why we aren't with the people who we now call exes. smile I'd pick money. I'm not good when it comes to giving my heart away and I tend to give it to those that break it often. However with money I can make myself happy by helping those less fortunate.
Having seen those without either... I think one has to choose money up to the point where one can afford a place to sleep, food to eat, the other necessities of life. I can't imagine wanting love over that amount of money, because it would mean pulling my beloved into abject poverty with me, and that's just unacceptable. If I'm going to live that life, I'd rather live it alone.

If we're talking EXTRA of either one, love all the way. I don't need much money to be happy. Heck, enough for necessities (housing, food, basic clothes) and books is really enough for me. Add love, and that's a pretty darn good life.
Choosing Love doesn't mean necessarily the romantic kind. It can mean the support of family and/or closest friends when life is at its bleakest financially or romantically or generally. The kindness of good people when life kicks you in the teeth is priceless...
Quote by InsatiableLover

I beg to differ. Love does come and go that's why we aren't with the people who we now call exes. smile I'd pick money. I'm not good when it comes to giving my heart away and I tend to give it to those that break it often. However with money I can make myself happy by helping those less fortunate.

I understand your point. But for me that was never real love. The kind of love I am speaking about is the kind of love that needs nothing else. Knowing someone needs and wants you as muxh as u need and want them. The kind of love that never grows old. Jist gets better. And when you have that, money, or anything else for that matter pales into significance.
I don't care too much for money; money can't buy me love.
Gun to my head, love.

I'd much rather be struggling to make ends meet with an amazing woman I was crazy about, and she for me, rather than rolling in it with some chick I don't really like, or no one at all.

At the end of the day, money is just stuff, whereas love is, well, love.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Quote by Wilful
Gun to my head, love.

I'd much rather be struggling to make ends meet with an amazing woman I was crazy about, and she for me, rather than rolling in it with some chick I don't really like, or no one at all.

At the end of the day, money is just stuff, whereas love is, well, love.

Sweet and well said!

I've been enticed with lots of money plenty of times, but I always go for love.
People have two sides, money make physical side happy, love spiritual side...It depends which part is more active on you...I prefer love because I can live with less money, but not without love.
Quote by curvygalore
Choosing Love doesn't mean necessarily the romantic kind. It can mean the support of family and/or closest friends when life is at its bleakest financially or romantically or generally. The kindness of good people when life kicks you in the teeth is priceless...

I've chosen love over money every time and I have no regrets.