Why do men...

last reply
52 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
We are sexual consumers. We want what we don`t have, until we get it. Bored with that, we then want the next thing that we don`t have.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you are not fully happy with yourself. Be okay with yourself, let the flaky people come and go. Don't give everything of yourself into friendships/relationships right away. When the right person comes along, it will be fine.
Lurker
0 likes
So, Q in original post is why men work to get you interested & when it starts getting good (in female's opinion), the men disappear? Poster says they've heard this from other females too...?

Let me answer this once & for all: The mistake is all women...Thinking just that way. All women think/talk like the problem is with all men, & vice-versa.

Look at TV if you don't believe me; Go back & watch the shows you grew up with in your preteens & teens... All the people on "Saved By The Bell", "Full House", "Family Matters", "Boy Meets World", etc. teach their viewers that all of the same gender act the same ways for the same reason, & will react to what the other person does the same way all the time.

Interestingly enough, tonight's episode of "2 Broke Girls" was directed by ex-"child star" Fred Savage (who also starred in a movie with his ex-"child star" younger brother, who then punched him when he played a teacher on his brother's later show). He didn't write-&-direct it, though, as I see so many do. Why? I suspect it had something to do with the percentage of his brain that can't get rid/free of these sorts of thoughts that both of them are stuck living with after they make the move off-screen.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Tnadnuder
Let me answer this once & for all: The mistake is all women...Thinking just that way. All women think/talk like the problem is with all men, & vice-versa.

Look at TV if you don't believe me...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by paul_moadib
Uncle Lemmy knows why ...

Great band - great song and an excellent answer. I have to admit that when I was younger and immature that this was my MO.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Many people only want what they can't have and as soon as they have it they no longer want it.

Or there is the conquest theory. Once you have accepted them then they've "conquered another woman" and they can move on to more conquests.

Some men only want to have sex with women and then claim that as a trophy much as a big game hunter hangs a head on his wall.

Some men chicken out in the face of anything more committing than a chase.

And then sometimes it just wasn't meant to be and the realization hits right after the excitement of the chase wanes.

There are too many possible reasons to list but I suggest shortening the chase and accept earlier to maybe sample more and run away less... Just a suggestion and it might not appeal to or work for you... You'll probably have more fun unless, of course, the chase is the main event for you.
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)