Why do men cheat?

last reply
91 replies
10.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
In biological terms, the male who impregnates the most females wins. He ensures the continuation of his species as well as his own DNA. Me thinks this is something that's hardwired in the male of most mammals -- perhaps even most species.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Not all men cheat just because. I would not hesitate to cheat on my wife, not because it is something I want. We have been living as basically roommates for a while and I want to be with someone who desires me. The only reason I have not gotten a divorce is because our kids need to be provided for.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Jason_NYC
In biological terms, the male who impregnates the most females wins. He ensures the continuation of his species as well as his own DNA. Me thinks this is something that's hardwired in the male of most mammals -- perhaps even most species.

This theory was propogated by the wonderful book..*The selfish gene" forget the Author.. the theory falls flat when one comes across very very dedicated monogamous couples...this theory is probably true in mammals and when we consider humans who have the cerebral cortex and emotions and higher intelligence which goes with it.. just trying to fall back on "hard wiring" theory to justify their philandering is obscene...