Who is your favourite poet?

last reply
44 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Edgar Allen Poe, although he wrote many stories that were not poetry per se. Tennyson's charge of the Light Brigade. Dylan Thomas's Do not go gently into the night. Just a few of my favorites.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Milik_The_Red
Do not go gently into the night. Just a few of my favorites.

John Cale of The Velvet Underground fame composed a piece using that poem as its text that you should check out if you are not already familiar with it.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by MahlerSymphony
Quote by Milik_The_Red
Do not go gently into the night. Just a few of my favorites.

John Cale of The Velvet Underground fame composed a piece using that poem as its text that you should check out if you are not already familiar with it.

I will. Thank you
Lurker
0 likes
I've started a introduction to poetry online course and one of our assignments is to read some poetry and find a poet I like...the last poetry I remember reading was in high school . I vaguely remember liking Sylvia Plath.
I do however adore modern singer/songwriters so I chose Bob Dylan,Mikel Jollet,Mike Skinner(of the streets),Don Mclean,Mason Jennings and Lou Reed
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've been rereading Frederico Garcia Lorca....... still find it captivating. He's my current fav.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by maven00
I've been rereading Frederico Garcia Lorca....... still find it captivating. He's my current fav.

I read some of his stuff today after reading your post...I really enjoyed 'The Faithless Wife'
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Pablo Neruda.

I also read Pablo Nerudo based on your entry and I LOVE 'And because Love battles'
Lurker
0 likes
I think I started joining Lush, there are many poet's on here that have become stuck in my memory becasue they leave such a good visual image.

Long live modern Lush poet's.

I can't think of any traditional poet's without looking for them and that makes think they arn't that memorable. The most I can think of without to much thought is Shakespere.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Quote by maven00

I read some of his stuff today after reading your post...I really enjoyed 'The Faithless Wife'

If you liked that one, try The Gypsy and the Wind.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by maven00
Quote by Loislane
Quote by maven00

If you liked that one, try The Gypsy and the Wind.

Will do
Lurker
0 likes
Yates.... Do I really need to expalin why?
Lurker
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JAFO

No, but it's always interesting to hear why. It could be for different reasons than other people have.
Lurker
0 likes
Poe. 'Nuff said.

-MV
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
James Whitcomb Riley