valentines day

last reply
9 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?!
Lurker
0 likes
Personally, I think if you have been dating even a few days, and it is Valentines Day, you should give (and expect) something. Same with any other Holiday. WHAT that something is though, would be different. The longer you have been dating, the more significant the gift should be, IMO.
Lurker
0 likes
too early? NO. Will he? who knows, time will answer that of course BB22...
Lurker
0 likes
That depends on what the two of you feel about each other. From my perspective, if I enjoyed a woman enough to be with her for 7 weeks, then I would absolutely be giving you something, but that could range anywhere from flowers and dinner to diamond earrings. All guys are different and show their affection in many different ways. (nice profile pic, by the way!)
Lurker
0 likes
How does he feel about Valentine's Day? If he really enjoys it and makes a big thing about it, then you can probably expect it. It all depends on what kind of guy he is and what kind of relationship you have. My advice is; you can probably expect something from him, but don't hold it against him if he doesn't do anything about it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bigbreasts22

The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.

That being said.... I happen to think Valentines Day is one of those "have to put at least a minimal effort" Holidays if your partner celebrates it. An evening alone or out to dinner would be IMO a pretty simple "requirement". To me, and others may disagree, it is pretty selfish if you choose to schedule something AWAY from your partner... such as..... hanging out with the guys. More so if it is in the middle of the week.

I mean come on..... this isn't a Friday or Saturday night or some special "event" happening that the guys have to get together, right?

So MY question isn't whether someone should "expect" something (even if just being alone with the other person) but why the other person does not seem to think it matters...... and in the beginning of an exclusive relationship that involves the standard dating, sex, etc. one would THINK this time would be their MOST "romantic" or "giving" time. To me, unless it was strictly casual, would be seeing red flags popping up all over the place on that one.

Or is there something else I am missing?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dating for seven weeks and he's going out with the "guys" on Valentines Day? WTF???? Ditch this looser. I'm old enough to believe that Valentines Day is for the ladies. So, it's all about what you want to do on that day.

If he wasn't such an idiot, he would know to bring you some flowers and take you out for a romantic dinner at the restaurant of YOUR choice. You deserve it.