The word panties vs undies

last reply
54 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Are you guys like me, I get turned on when a woman refers to her underwear as panties and not any other name such as underwear, undies, briefs, shorts, etc. I was reading a facebook post by a woman I know who had been at a party (a wild one by the inference of it) and she had forgotten her panties when she had left the party. She posted something like, "oh shit, I realized I left my panties back there!" I was instantly hard! Had she said something like, "I forgot my underwear" it wouldn't have done a thing for me. You guys like that too?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Panties sounds more sexy to me
Lurker
0 likes
Oh, definitely panties.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Husky
Panties sounds more sexy to me

score one for the word panties! thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Willyc2licu
Oh, definitely panties.

score two for the word panties! thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
can't say either word has an effect on me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"undies" is actually a collective noun for all underwear, so it covers (?!) more than just panties, briefs, knickers , .....

I can't say though that either word has much effect on me, it is who says it, and in what context.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think that panties is the one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with everyone else that panties definitely sounds a lot sexier, but for some reason I feel like I normally say undies.

Probably because I'm a dork.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I agree. Panties are definitely sexy. Even thinking it can be exciting.

Oh well, I'm old and easy to please I guess.
I am always a gentleman.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
True. Panties sounds more erotic and sexy. Unless it is granny panties, then the erection becomes flaccid in a heartbeat
Lurker
0 likes
Oh certainly, ALL words carry connotations and thus some carry a more erotic connotation than others. Think about how many people prefer to hear all the vulgar terms used for genitalia during sex rather than the clinical scientific words.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me men wear undies and women wear panties.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, panties brings to mind more frilly or skimpy (more feminine and sexy) forms of underwear for women. Undies brings to mind more "utilitarian" or plain, more fabric, less sexy or dainty underwear. So for me "panties" is the sexier and more arousing word.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I definitely prefer panties.

Although it's a very American term for them, and we don't say it a lot down here. It's never okay for a guy to say it, it just sounds creepy. While I love it when women say it, the Australian accent doesn't do it the same justice of their sisters in the States.

Then again, maybe I've put too much thought into it...
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
I definitely prefer panties.

Although it's a very American term for them, and we don't say it a lot down here. It's never okay for a guy to say it, it just sounds creepy. While I love it when women say it, the Australian accent doesn't do it the same justice of their sisters in the States.

Then again, maybe I've put too much thought into it...

You think an Aussie saying panties is creepy well imagine an English guy with a posh accent! It comes out as parntees, so wrong on so many levels!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For Me it's panties all the way. The only "undies" are worn by men and I don't write about men's underwear (in My stories, the men wear boxers if I say anything about them at all).

Undies for Me are like saying "boobies" - a term used by young kids and usually accompanied by childish giggling. Not a term to be used in adult erotic stories. JMHO.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The term panties is so much sexier than underwear.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by sueb
The term panties is so much sexier than underwear.

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
depends on the cut
Lurker
0 likes
panties
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Panties just sounds so sexy!!
0 likes
I say undies because I don't like the word "panties" if it's sexy or very nice I'll say lingerie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Definitely panties although knickers would be just as good
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Definitely panties although knickers would be just as good
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree panties sounds sexier. However I believe there may be a difference between sexy panties and underwear.
Lurker
0 likes
I have a slight preference for "panties" over the British equivalent "knickers" but "undies" is not at all sexy for me...well, unless I'm in them then I might make an exception ;-)
Lurker
0 likes
I absolutely say panties because it sounds much more femme
Site administrator
0 likes
Personally I think 'no panties' is more sexy.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Sorry, I know it's "Ask the Guys", but it doesn't stop the blokes answering our questions...

I call them knickers, mostly, unless I know there will be an American audience and it suits the writing. But I think so much erotica uses "panties" that I like something for us English who prefer the word "knickers". "Panties" always seems somehow false to me, as it's not naturally in my vocabulary. "Knickers" is earthier and matter-of-fact to me. I'd much rather a sexy man whispered, "Get your knickers off" than, "Take off your panties". The latter would just make me laugh (not in a good way).
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************