The Physical Appearance of Girls

last reply
27 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Does it really matter to you guys the looks of the woman, especially when it comes to sex? Or you prefer the skilled but fantastically sweet and has a fucking great personality?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honestly? The looks are important for that initial attraction (nobody says "phwoar look at the personality on her") but looks will change in time. Personality will remain relatively constant.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree. Looks ARE important. They are a part of the entire process. But a great looking gal who is lousy in bed, is still lousy in bed. There has to be a suitable blend of things to make it work. The best personality without physical attraction is not good either. And honestly I would not have sex with a woman that I thought was fantastically sweet and has a great personality, but I didn't ALSO find her physically appealing in some way.

Now I hear all the time (and many times seen here on LUSH) people claim looks don't matter..... bullshit. They matter. How MUCH they matter can be quite different from person to person, but they DO matter.

In reality these "this or that" type of question are unfair and pretty unrealistic. The truth and how things work is usually someplace in between the extremes.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I'm always of the opinion there needs to a certain level of mutual sexual attraction for a couple to actually work out in the long run. It's just true. Now, sexual attraction varies from person to person and what it all entails, but it needs to be there.

Could ask the same for the gals.

We're all shallow to some degree in that respect, it's just a matter of how shallow and vain you are.

Me personally? A cute smile can real me in (or anything else physical), but once you get reeled in, you need a great personality to match. And if you're a robot in bed, well...We won't be compatible.

And to end, I might add, even the Plain Janes can look sexy as hell when they want to.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by elizabeth23
Does it really matter to you guys the looks of the woman, especially when it comes to sex? Or you prefer the skilled but fantastically sweet and has a fucking great personality?

When it comes to the actual sex? Yeah, looks are the most important thing... I mean you aren't going to be talking about the meaning or life or wether we are alone in the universe while you're fuckin'.
Lurker
0 likes
Looks are important, but everyones opinion on who looks good is different, so you can't really worry about it too much. Someone could be gorgeous, but if there's nothing going on behind the eyes, what's the point? Personality is attractive. Id rather have someone who is "average" looking (whatever that actually means) and has a great personality, than someone who is smoking hot, but boring, or up themselves.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elizabeth23

The looks of a woman improve greatly with her attraction to me. If her personality is attractive to me, then she becomes even more attractive. Skilled? Well, that's interpreted through the lens of my initial attraction.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Eliza, personality is more important than look. and during sex who has the time to look at the look.... ha ha ha
Neel
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It doesn't matter what she looks like, if she has charm, humour and intelligence then...shit, where'd my pants go!?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JossGray
It doesn't matter what she looks like, if she has charm, humour and intelligence then...shit, where'd my pants go!?

smile
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I'll just say that a poor attitude and lack of spunk and personality can make the most physically beautiful look very unattractive..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Attraction depends on a number of factors for me. I knew a number of girls that were physically attractive, but I simply wasn't interested in them. I had a coworker who fell into this category once; customers and coworkers alike were drooling over her and hitting on her, and I couldn't have cared less because of her personality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
speaking for myself.....Ive been attracted to men of various sizes,races and creed in each there has been something to spark my interest....Ive seen the greek adonis....and thought god he's got the personality of cat litter....then the average joe....is simplistic yet funny, clever, and romantic.....no I'm not a bathing beauty....but my fire and charisma are what people gravitate....tooo......
Detention Seeker
0 likes
What look's great to one person can often not be the same as the other. Personality will always be the deciding point in my view.
Lurker
0 likes
Looks are definitely the "foot in the door", the "first 15 minutes"....After that, you better have a personality and some brains. And my definition of attractive (physically) is quite varied. Not the "supermodel"/Paris Hilton type at all....I like a woman who looks like she likes to eat a burger and drink a beer every once in a while....I like curves.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not shallow, but there has to be something in her appearance that gets my attention. Usually, it's the way she carries herself, but glossy lips and a nice rack along with her scent will definitely get her a ride in my Ferrari.
Lurker
0 likes
Dustin Hoffman talked about revelations he had about women and appearances when he did the role for Tootsie. Very much worth the time to view.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Kristind
Dustin Hoffman talked about revelations he had about women and appearances when he did the role for Tootsie. Very much worth the time to view.

http://youtu.be/xPAat-T1uhE

Alright, I've lost my touch. The last coupla times I've tried to embed vids it hasn't worked. This youtube video is from the AFI subscribers page and I don't think I can embed from there. BUT...it's a truly touching video to watch. Open the URL in a different tab.

Saw that last night on MSNBC. Powerful interview. I'd add that it goes both ways in what Hoffman said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think some level if physical attraction is important in a relationship. That being said, there's so many factors that make a girl attractive, there's never just one specific type of girl. And looks really aren't everything. She has to have substance, because when you get right down to it, it's her personality that's going to keep you around. I find that as soon as you find something attractive about a girl, and then you start getting to know her, she gets even more beautiful because her personality brings so much more to the table.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JossGray

they're in your mouth.
0 likes
I prefer the skilled but fantastically sweet and has a fucking great personality who is reasonably attractive to me.

Why does there have to be a dichotomy?

There are plenty of women in the world who are sweet, sexually skilled, and have a great personality who are also cute and otherwise very attractive physically. I've met plenty of them in my life. And dated a few.

Problem is. They weren't interested in me or things didn't work out. Otherwise, I'd probably have married them.

But, honestly. She doesn't have to be drop-dead gorgeous for me to have sex with them. There are plenty of women who were just average looking that I've slept with. They had great personalities and it actually made me want to fuck their brains out. Some of them even had (have) a little extra padding.

I probably sound like a stereotype when I say that. Kinda like "of course a guy would say that looks don't matter" kind of way. But, I've never really cared what people think about my opinion. I just answer questions lol
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Physical attraction is the very first thing that catches anyones eye, so to say it doesnt count would be a lie... Everything from that moment forward makes that person more attractive or more ugly... Personality can turn a 4 into a 10 just as quickly as it can turn a 10 into a 4... As much as one is turned on by looks, what keeps them turned on is the mind and thoughts behind the body...

I have dated women of different body types in my life... There is no one "type" that I preferred over the other... Ultimately it was who they were as a person that made me want to be with them... Kind, compassionate and confident...
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Lurker
0 likes
If it's just sex...she has to have a booty, hips, pretty feet, and a nasty sexual appetite. She can't be Medusa-Ugly...but she has to be atleast a 5/10 in the face. Now if she's my girl, she has to be atleast be a 9/10 or higher in all departments.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most times the physical looks is the initial spark, BUT, I have met women who I fell head over heels for before I even got to see them in the physical and then looks fall way back. I prefer older or mature women because it is just a dominant or power thing. It really is a tough question as there is no way I can narrow down what turns me on with women-it is pretty easy!
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah Yeah, go ahead and say it, but I find what's inside of a woman more appealing to me than what's outside. You can be the most beautiful woman in the world but if you think negatively of yourself it will affect your outside appearance. It's whats in her heart that matters most to me.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The word here is confidence. If she is not a confident person she will not be a confident lover. Usually people who are extremely beautiful may seem confident but are not. They usually have complex issues with their body. Average people on the other had either are working to get better and know it, or they accept what they are and roll with it. Usually the average person come out as the better lover 90% of the time. On the other end, those that know they have a great personality but have nothing in looks, usually can be great lovers as well.

I was with a woman once that was very scared about her breasts. She had cancer and they were removed. The surgeries were being done to replace them but were not complete. But as I kissed them and treated them as they should be she turned into a tiger in bed. One of the best lovers I have had.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Speaking from experience, it's surprising how much the mind of a woman can be a turn on, without paying that much attention to hwo she looks.

A beautiful mind always enhances the looks.

For instance, a girl might be average looking at first appearance but then you notice how much you like her and she starts to become more beautiful the more you look at her.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me intellectual ladies are far more attractive, But they must look very decent as well, one doesn't just fall for smarts, well not me at least I mean I have to be physically attracted to her as well smile