last reply
13 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi all

I,m just wondering why people put out friends requests without any form of communication first. Why do people have a need to collect in this way??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I see something intriguing in a profile and the person seems to be inviting, I'll introduce myself with a friend request and invite them to read my profile before deciding. I don't know if that's what you mean by random, but since I don't chat, that's my substitute.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with 1ball. Is it more rude to just shoot someone an email or ask them to be a friend first before sending an email.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Before I ever send a friend request, I always send a PM to that person first to say why I would like to be friends. I think it is the polite thing to do first.

It does not take them off guard and they will have a reason to say yes. If they say yes, then I will send a friend request, if they do not send me one first.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't know I have 0 friends on here I am new to the site so all in dew time I hope?!?!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by anothertime
Hi all

I,m just wondering why people put out friends requests without any form of communication first. Why do people have a need to collect in this way??

I've wondered the same thing many times. I believe it is some sort of "game" with some folk to see just how many "friends" they can accumulate ... to reaffirm just how sexy and appealing they are ... to try to compensate for something lacking in their personal / social life.

What really gets me is to accept a "friends request" and then have a difficult time engaging in a conversation (whether the conversation is "sexy" or "regular").

I. too. am interested in the answers to your question ... it is a GOOD question.

Rick
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have posted this question in ask the gals in the past but the people who do it all the time never tell you a reason why and btw I never send random requests I like people who actually chat not just a list of people who never chat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by anothertime
Hi all

I might be making a sweeping generalisation here but I'm guessing guys look at your av and assume that small talk isn't something you're that concerned by.

Personally, I will send an introduction along with any unsolicited friend request.

If I was you I wouldn't get too hung up about them. I would imagine most people will want to have you on their friends so they can send you black box messages (which you need to be a friend to do) - theses black box messages will usually ask you to open a chat box, from there you'll be asked to go on /msn/ , and from there you'll be asked to get your tits out on cam

Have fun!
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
You may, or may not, be interested in this thread:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst22010_Adding-and-Accepting-Friends.aspx

I have a new policy now, since I get so many requests. I don't accept people unless they give me a reason to, some small inkling as to why they requested me. I don't chat except to closer friends (I'm pretty anti-social these days), and I don't have rudey pictures, so somebody wanting something different would be more likely to make the effort to introduce themselves, at least.

It is still very rarely I request people myself. I think I've done it three times now. I don't know most of the people on my friends list, but I feel mean to delete them, but as another friend pointed out, they wouldn't even notice or care. But that, quite frankly, is depressing in itself. Odd, considering they are mostly just pictures on a screen to me.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Never understood this either. Not just here but on Facebook or any other social site. I have a few friends I keep in touch with but I don't have time (or energy) needed to try to keep up with dozens of friends and their personal lives.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I will accept almost any friend request, but will check their profile first. Any red flags and no way. But there is a trial period. They must communicate in some way. No communication, dropped. That is why I have only about 15 friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Haven't been on lush long and have gotten lots of request, why peolpe want to be a friend and never get back I don't understand.I'm going to start to delete peolpe who really don't want to chat once in awhile and narrow it down to the more who do.
Lurker
0 likes
It seems I decline more than I accept.......I delete as well.......

Irish