Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Lube

last reply
20 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Um just looking for a good lubricant for going solo! Need to get some recommendations from you guys. Any suggestions?
Quote by caliguy90
Um just looking for a good lubricant for going solo! Need to get some recommendations from you guys. Any suggestions?

For solo, I found a recipe that simply is amazing : Xanthan Gum lube.

Simply buy Xanthan Gum (you can find it at the supermarket generally) and mix it with water. You might have to go through trial and error to find the perfect mixture of Xanthan Gum / Water, but generally 1 tsp in 1 cup of water is about right.

You can also add Glycerine for a thicker texture and a bit of salt to extend its shelf-life.

I use this DIY lube when I masturbate with sex toys. Perfect!

Note : Never use this lube for vaginal intercourse, as it can lead to bacterial growth/infection.
That seems like it would be a lot of work to do! How much does that make?
Quote by caliguy90
That seems like it would be a lot of work to do! How much does that make?

You can make as much as you like. The most trouble is buying the Xanthan Gum really. Having a blender helps too.

Seriously, no commercial lube compares to that, especially since you can achieve whatever thickness you want.
Quote by kylie_kained
K-Y gel

I see that all the time at the stores but I am to nervous to carry it to the register! lol! Kinda embarrassing.
Quote by SereneProdigy

You can make as much as you like. The most trouble is buying the Xanthan Gum really. Having a blender helps too.

Seriously, no commercial lube compares to that, especially since you can achieve whatever thickness you want.

Hmm I am gonna have to try it man. But for now any other suggestions?
Quote by caliguy90

I see that all the time at the stores but I am to nervous to carry it to the register! lol! Kinda embarrassing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has many uses other than for sex so don't be embaressed!
true! so I take it that is what you use as well?
it's called, PJUR, a silicon based lube good for everything, including latex clothes.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
I like Wet Synergy. It's a blend of traditional and silicone that can be used with any other material. It outlasted pretty much everything else out there and stays wet longer. Best place to buy in probably Amazon, where you can make big savings from time to time. Or you can check out their website for more details and other products.
Quote by caliguy90

Bit of friendly advice. Don't be. Because they'll be to embarassed to say anything. Plus if a hot woman (or man if youre into that) catches you and you catch her, throw a wink and a smile and go about your biz. Besides, only you know what its for. For all they know its for you and your significant other lol.

Any way, astroglide is good. Walmart, wallgreens, local adult shop.pretty affordable.
This is my fav and also my guy's fav
Super silky and not sticky at all

~*~*~* Only the one that hurts you can make you feel better ~*~*~*
~*~*~* Only the one that inflicts pain can take it away~*~*~*

Check out my latest story: Drawn to Addy - Part 2
Quote by caliguy90

I still feel that way sometimes...but look at it this way. The cashier can assume all they want about what you're going to do with it. But, for all they know, you're having crazy sex parties at the sorority house down the street or some shit.

I like K-Y warming for sex toys (big fan of Tenga)...it may not be the "best" per se, but I think it's the thickest of what you'll find at a local store.
Olive oil. extra virgin
Thanks guys for all the suggestions!! biggrin
I never needed any lube, a paper towel and a dirty magazine works fine for me! lol ;)
Quote by caliguy90

Don't be embarrassed, almost EVERYONE buys lube, and think about it, it's not like the person at the checkout or counter is going to stand there, look at the lube, then look at you in judgement, then charge you for it. To them it's just another product, like a tube of toothpaste, honestly. It's just one of those things that most people buy.
depends what you want it for, check out different brands and what that particular lube is designed for and any effects it may have e.g. warming or tingle
We use WICKED AQUA it is a long lasting, non sticky lube.