Jewellery - 4th Ring Finger

last reply
12 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Question for the men - do you wear a ring on the 4th finger of your left hand?
Please also say if you are single, unattached, married, engaged, in a relationship etc..
Any reasons other than the obvious for your choice to wear or not wear a ring?

ooops, I meant the third finger but you probably know what I was asking !
I'm not married and wear a ring on my 2nd finger but I want another ring. I tried 1st and 4th but the wedding finger is where it might be most comfortable.
0 likes
No, though I am married. Too prone to losing it and it's gotten too tight on my fat fingers. I still put it on for the odd special occasion but don't wear it normally. She's like that, too, though. Neither of us are big on wearing jewelry I guess.
Lurker
0 likes
No, because I'm not married and I don't wear jewellery
Site administrator
0 likes
Well I never .. I looked into this whole ring thing not long ago since I am now divorced but have a wedding band and engagement ring.

On my left hand I moved the wedding band to my middle finger but on my right left the engagement ring on the ring finger. I googled this and in summary the use of the fingers for various rings and what they symbolise differs e.g. between Europe/USA.

Not much help .. sorry.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Used to have a wedding ring there. Emotionally, the marriage is over and we are en route to divorce (still friends though) so the ring is gone now.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Lurker
0 likes
Used to. Divorced now - at the suggestion of a post divorce lover the ring ( which I picked out and really like) is now on my right hand, 4th finger.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
NO-widowed now--it is the first thing I look for on a woman when I meet them
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Married? Yes.
A ring on my left hand ring finger? Yes
A ring on my left hand little finger? Yes, the family crest.

Be aware that marriage bands are worn on different hands in different countries, e.g. left hand in the UK, right hand in France.
And some divorced women in the UK have been known to were a wedding band on their right hand ring finger to signify their marital status.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tried to get used to wearing a ring but could not. Can't stand to have anything on my finger for long.
Lurker
0 likes
The fourth finger is the pinky. Is that what you're really asking about? If men wear pinky rings? Or if men wear a wedding band on their third finger - the ring finger.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I wear my gold wedding band on the traditional 'third' finger of the left hand. Like Metilda said, the fourth finger is the small or pinky finger. There are four fingers and one thumb on a normal five-digit hand. On the third finger of my right hand I mostly wear my university class ring. Sometimes I wear a sports championship ring I earned as a member of a championship team. Both the class ring and the championship ring are rather large, so I only wear one or the other at a time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't wear any rings at all and I am married . My knuckles are wider than my fingers so it kept coming of so wear it on a chain round my kneck.