Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

i have surgical scars. is it a turn off?

last reply
84 replies
9.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your scars are a part of you ,you can't change that.Your scars are also a part of who you are if anyone can not accept that then they can't accept you.Don't worry about it
Lurker
0 likes
If a man just see your scars instead of you, is he worth keeping? Is he going to leave you if you end up having his kids all through C- section after all however careful it still leaves you with scars?
I think if you are concious its ok....we all tend to have issues with ourselves be it scars or body issues.
But in the end most of the people will treat you and your injuries as you see them, so i would recommend ease up and be comfortable.
And hey enjoy your life whats a scar in front of this beautiful life you have ..right?
Lurker
0 likes
For anybody worth your interest, that should just not be a problem. I'm speaking as a man on this rare, rare occasion, and I can say definitively that any man who is actively bothered by it or can't see your beauty beyond that, was never going to be able to see your beauty, and that makes him kind of a jerk. That's what I think, anyway.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Okay, so here is my ultimate confession for such a place like this...I too have scars, significant ones. One is a result of a c-section giving birth to my son who was 10lb and another a result of a breast reduction I had done when I was 20 (yes, I did indeed have a reduction so you can imagine how big they were :P) combined with a breast cancer scare. I used to be pretty self conscious about them and still am a bit when first embarking on a journey with a new partner but I will agree with so many of the posts on here - if the man is worth his weight in gold, he will NOT CARE about the scars or any other physical flaw you have! If he does, kick him to the curb. He isn't worth shit. Having scars or any kind of flaw, is actually a great way to weed out the great guys from the sea of superficial jerks that are out there. As you can see from the many lovely posts from men on Lush, there are some great gems out there who wouldn't give a damn. Love you all!! xx
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by sillyndelicious
thank you guys..
i can see that u guys are nice people.. silly
tho, i still won't use any bikinis yet.. lol..
being 'rejected' both physically and mentally did the magic on how i think too..
but getting my confidence better as time goes by..

but, if anyone still have more opinions, i will gladly welcome it.. maybe i can use to fix what i need to fix.. xD
My other half is scared from the belly button right around to the back. I have never even contemplated the scar, it's a part of him, i never ever looked at it and judged in any way, never occurred to me.
In fact i get a kick out of dragging my finger nail over it, it's quite sensitive to this day and makes me giggle.
Don't fret pet, no one who loves you is even thinking of it xx
Lurker
0 likes
Scars tell a story of who we really are and what we've been through, whether internal or external... we all have them. If a guy turns his back on you because of something physical, he's not worth a second look and you'd be better off without him. There are pleanty of guys out there who are looking for a woman they can connect with both spiritually and mentally, and who considers a woman beautiful who has a genuine smile and is comfortable with who they are as a person. Be yourself and enjoy life, the rest will take care of itself. My two cents anyway.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I've got some surgical scars and honestly, all they ever led to was some interesting conversation in bed. Scars don't make a women less beautiful, they are rather like tattoo's. They just enhance that wich made her attractive to begin with
Lurker
0 likes
Not at all!! It's all part of who we are as a person. If someone can't deal with it, then move on. smile
Lurker
0 likes
No, Sweetie.....

(What a silly if understandable question......)

But the answer is no, Love.....

We all have scars, the ones you can see are the easiest to deal with...

xx Steph

(Stop worrying, Beauty...)
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
i understand it... but if it bothers you, you might make it an issue.... wear a bikini... wear shorts... your body is lovely.... YOU are lovely and worth his time and attention...

i say this to you because i have to say it to myself every day...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LauraLee_sugah
i understand it... but if it bothers you, you might make it an issue.... wear a bikini... wear shorts... your body is lovely.... YOU are lovely and worth his time and attention...

i say this to you because i have to say it to myself every day...

Y'know......

I'm a pretty typical guy......

We DON'T expect our women to be the kind of photo-shopped women we see in movies and magazines... We DO expect our women to be warm, cute, cuddly, nice to look at, cute and huggable in t-shirts and panties as they wander about at home, occasionally breathtakingly beautiful if they make an effort because we're going out...

Surgical scars, stretch marks, cellulite... Well, that's just my girl... She's still my girl... And I wouldn't be here if I didn't think she was beautiful...

Fuck, I'm no Brad Pitt, Y'know... But I do my best to please my girl as I know she likes to please me... And if she has her little marks and badges, well, I gotta say I don't notice so much when my mouth and fingers are upon her...

And she's moaning and being loved and making me feel like I move her...

And being beautiful.....

And making me feel like I pleasure my best girl....

Giving me that...

(I don't think a scar or a stretch mark gets in the way at that point.....)

xx steph
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have scars, too, so I would be a real shithead if I let a woman's scars bother me. I might even trace them with my finger or lick them to show how much I accepted them. I love it when mine are.

I used to hang with a woman who had a huge set of open heart surgery scars from a wide open chest operation. A long vertical down her centerline from neck to diaphragm and a long horizontal under her breasts. She used to wear a bikini top without letting it bother her. I heard her tell her surgery story several times.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

Y'know......

I'm a pretty typical guy......

We DON'T expect our women to be the kind of photo-shopped women we see in movies and magazines... We DO expect our women to be warm, cute, cuddly, nice to look at, cute and huggable in t-shirts and panties as they wander about at home, occasionally breathtakingly beautiful if they make an effort because we're going out...

Surgical scars, stretch marks, cellulite... Well, that's just my girl... She's still my girl... And I wouldn't be here if I didn't think she was beautiful...

Fuck, I'm no Brad Pitt, Y'know... But I do my best to please my girl as I know she likes to please me... And if she has her little marks and badges, well, I gotta say I don't notice so much when my mouth and fingers are upon her...

And she's moaning and being loved and making me feel like I move her...

And being beautiful.....

And making me feel like I pleasure my best girl....

Giving me that...

(I don't think a scar or a stretch mark gets in the way at that point.....)

xx steph

i love the way you write, steph... that tender, softness that is oh so sensuous.... and i do make every effort to be pleasing the the ways i can... i am sugah... so i must always be sweet... lol...
Lurker
0 likes
It's a part of you and the one who loves you will love all of you unconditionally. I had a breast reduction five years ago and felt insecure about the visible scars. It took sometime before I realized the scars did not matter, they did not change who I was or take away from the woman I am. Going from a DD on a 5'2 frame to a C, I started to love my new breasts and became comfortable enough to even post pictures when I joined Lush, a big change from five years ago!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes it is the truth that if a guy loves you he will accept you for everything that you have and everything that you are. Scars are not a turn off in the least bit, unless of course the guy you're with is a total ass. Everyone has scars. Some are physical, some are emotional, but everyone has scars they are conscious about.
Lurker
0 likes
Scars make a person who they are. They all have a story some you like to share, others you would rather keep quiet about. I personally wouldnt be put off by a scar.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Scars are evidence of when life crashes into us. Sometimes it is are fault,sometimes not. If someone can't love you because of a scar. That says more.about them then you. Do you want to be with someone that shallow.
I have always found that the sexist part of a woman is found between her ears.

I have a daughter that had to have surgery before she was two years old. It left scar that goes across her belly below her rib cage. This will always be with her no matter what. I can only hope that she is confident enough to not worry about it. Wishful thinking of a Dad.

Please remember this we all have scars. Most of us just don't have them on our skin.
Lurker
0 likes
No they are not a turn off
Lurker
0 likes
I didn't go over the thread, but I am sure many of these people said that scars are not a turn off.
I don't konw if you want to hear this, but is all about you, and how you are handling your scars. All marks visible and invisible made us who we are today, and I am pretty sure you are kick ass girl!
Just so you knowsmile.. In my early twenties I was with a guy who had really bad burns over his chin, bit of a cheek, and neck. He got them from boiling milk when he was a kid. Have to tell you that he is still one of the sexiest guys I had relationship with He was wearing those scars pretty damn well
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with what everyone is saying I know it's in the guys section. Just wanted to answer that I too have scars many from operations I had as a child and a large one just above my buttocks from an accident I had nine years ago.

It hasn't put any guys off that I know. My fiance has a few scars himself, one from when he was in a fight in college and another from having his appendix out. I like his scars and I'm sure he likes mine too.

Scars tell a story on the body smile
"Sexual pleasure in woman is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken."

Simone de Beauvoir
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It wouldn't bother me

I have some scars too from when I was young and it took me a long while to start wearing shorts again. Then i finally got tired of walking around in long pants when it's hot outside and said FUCK YOU WORLD DEAL WITH IT!
turned out no one cared and i spent years sweating my ass off when i could have been wearing shorts. occasionally someone would ask how i got it but it was just simple conversation.

I think it might be therapeutic for you to post pix of these scars so we can show you how little it matters.

nothing naughty just the scars
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i didn't know this thread is still getting responses honestly, til some people sent me pm's. lol.
i'm a bit more confident bout myself now, but too conscious still. well, i guess i still need adjustment into loving me myself completely. but loved the responses here. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well first of all i used to have the same fears as you did. I have a not just longer but deep wide gash scar on my left leg. Its prominent too and also why i have 6 titanium pins in my leg. I got it when i was 9 and worried about what others would think for many years. Since then ive accumulated more including several from lung surgery which again show up easily. Ive learned that real friends wont care or if they do they might actually like them, someone who loves you wont love you any less for them and like its been said before they are a part of you and they kind of tell a little story about different points in your life. So to make my point and pardon my language, but fuck anyone who doesnt like them because they arent worth your time.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
like the saying says ...scars are like tattoos with better stories . It superficial if him or her cant get past the scars ,if its love it wont matter .
I had a girl with a huge zipper like scar down her back .She was very conscious about it . I rarely noticed it ,i was to busy enjoying her whole body lol....God i miss her so much .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why would a scar in that place be a turn off ? I mean, when you really get involved with a person what matters is them not their bodies. My ex had both our boys with cesarean procedure and had an upside down T in the middle of her venus mound, and as far as I can remember I didn't even care. I did love her in those days.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Most people with scars think they are ugly, but in my mind they are part of who you are and I love you, so I love your scar, it is as beautiful as you are.