Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How honest are men about how much their woman pleases them?

last reply
22 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've been told many times that I'm great in bed, but I'm not sure what standard that is set to. Especially as I'm rarely the one to initiate, being fairly submissive it just doesn't feel right to initiate to me. Is that something guys will just say, or do they usually mean it genuinely when they say it?
Lurker
0 likes
Ooooh good question!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MissFetching
I've been told many times that I'm great in bed, but I'm not sure what standard that is set to. Especially as I'm rarely the one to initiate, being fairly submissive it just doesn't feel right to initiate to me. Is that something guys will just say, or do they usually mean it genuinely when they say it?

Well how big is their sample size? How many times of being great in bed with you are they basing that comment? My opinion is that anything early in a relationship is exciting as it is a new adventure to learn to please each other together. Maybe in a longer term relationship the "grade" would change since you are often the sub type. For me variety is very much a plus quality to have with your lover. Yes I want to take charge with an over active imagination and kinky supply of possibilities...but there will be a time that when you grab the throttle and twist it and I go along for the ride that will also make me hot lying back letting you take me for a spin.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Very good question (they're so few and far between these days).

I think guys do have a tendency to say, "That was great," without really qualifying it in their heads; it's more like an auto-response (though not necessarily insincere). Truth be told, I reckon sex is pretty good for guys most times - we get to stick it to a sexy broad and we almost always get to orgasm. Sometimes it's especially good but it's rarely bad.

Any man worth his salt isn't going to roll off of you, say, "That was a bit shit," and fall asleep; we're generally a bit more courteous than that. Men are a bit more subtle and may just not be quite so enthusiastic in their gratitude if you didn't quite "rock their world" rather than directly expressing any dissatisfaction. We do know how to be sensitive, sometimes.

That said, many men may exaggerate your sexual prowess if they think doing so may lead to another such encounter. Sex is sex, after all. If you were a really lousy lay, however, he might not be too desperate for seconds. Again, we can do subtlety.

In my own relationship, my partner has expressed at times that she feels that she is not very "good at sex" and that I do not get as much out of it as she does. Obviously I can't know for sure but I'm pretty certain that is not the case. I make sure to tell her every time how amazing she makes me feel and I am genuine about it (I just sort of thought it went without saying before). Of course, some days she's good and some days she's fucking mind-blowingly good and I really make sure she knows when it's the latter.

I hope that answers your question somewhat. Welcome to the forum and welcome to Lush.
Lurker
0 likes
But surely if a guy is just saying you're good 'just to get into you're pants', then you've got to be at least a little bit good or they wouldnt want to get in there!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
But surely if a guy is just saying you're good 'just to get into you're pants', then you've got to be at least a little bit good or they wouldnt want to get in there!

Unless they have no standards and are just desperate to get laid.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter

Everyones got a little bit of standards though but good point
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by thepainter

Wow. Such honesty...

I was a virgin until I was 19 (let me tell you, High School was no cakewalk) and, thankfully, I have never been that desperate.

My sample size isn't as wide as some men's, but it's fairly large. I haven't had bad sex as long as she was an active participant. I had one partner, once, that didn't participate (which is too bad, because she was a total hottie). I didn't compliment her afterwards and I wouldn't return her calls. Otherwise, I agree with Clum's earlier response "sex is pretty good for guys most times... sometimes it's especially good".

Lurker
0 likes
Most girls under the age of 25 aren't very good. Most guys don't or won't tell them because they like the way they look, or just get off pounding younger girls. Men get tantalized by the visual, mostly, not her skills (or lack of.)

An experienced woman, knows her way around a man, and has less inhibitions, less boundaries, and is better in bed 90% of the time. These girl get the compliments from me.
Lurker
0 likes
I don’t lie to girls about sex. If it is good I say it’s good if it is not I say it’s bad.
But I don’t need to say it anymore. Having a girlfriend that is comfortable with being with me we have a mutual respect and don’t need to assure each other about how good/bad it was.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's been so long since I've had sex with anyone other than my wife, I can only speak to that standard. If a guy wants to avoid making waves, he will not be more honest than the gal can be trusted to appreciate. In other words, If he thinks there will be negative repercussions if he's honest low, he will exaggerate high. There's no benefit to being too honest.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I somehow think that it is not always about how good a girl is in satisfying me, instead i usually appreciate the effort she is giving during a process. That is why when i tell a girl she was great in bed i usually base it on effort not the teeth marks on my manhood for example
Lurker
0 likes
How good a women is in bed, has a number of factors to it:
1.Does she like foreplay?
2.Does she like it rough?
3.Where does she like to have sex?
etc

For me im very honest with the women to tell her what she is doing right and what she is doing wrong and if she was great in bed i would tell as well, because everyone needs to know so that they can improve on it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MissFetching

Your being submissive makes this a tricky question I think. Doesn't that mean you are looking to him for queues on how to please him?

personally i think communication is essential even when the sex is great.

i think some guys will lie about how good the sex was to sheepishly avoid confrontation.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for all the responses, definitely helpful. In response to some of the more common questions: The guys who say it more emphatically tend to be the ones with more experience, not sure if that's weird. And yes, I almost exclusively look for cues on how to please him.

I'm mostly asking because the guy I'm sleeping with right now has figured out all my buttons in no time flat (WAYYY better than my ex of 5 years), and I'm constantly trying to find ways to please him as much as he pleases me, but he keeps telling me I'm already great. He even told me he tends to get bored after a few rolls in the hay so to speak, but is always excited to see me. Even if I knew that was totally true it wouldn't keep me from trying harder though, so I guess it doesn't matter in some ways, just curious as to how honestly I can take a statement like that.
0 likes
Quote by sholomrabin
I don’t lie to girls about sex. If it is good I say it’s good if it is not I say it’s bad.

Really? You two finish and lie on the bed, she says "oh baby I came so hard, how was it for you?" To which you answer (based on your post) "yeah it wasn't that good you could have done a little better..."

I am not so sure about that
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MissFetching
......I'm mostly asking because the guy I'm sleeping with right now has figured out all my buttons in no time flat (WAYYY better than my ex of 5 years), and I'm constantly trying to find ways to please him as much as he pleases me.....

You are doing just fine....you have nothing to be concerned about...sounds like a fun time with you two connecting well!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'll be honest I've lied.
Yeah I've shot my load but my experience has required to say yeah it was great when she was like a sack of spuds. Even when it's been good though you say it was great just so you dont make them feel disappointed. Just next time guide them more towards what you like. Women do the same to men
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Miss Fetching, firstly great question. In retrospect i think it'd be funny to see a response from the girls on the same topic, but that is for another forum.

I agree mostly with what has already been written down (Clum, hotswimmer and sholomrabin), I think the best part about your second post needs to be highlighted more though.
I think there is an amazingly wonderful "spice" that is the ongoing pursuit of pleasuring the person you are with. I think that he's lucky that you are so keen to find his button's too.
I guess i'm throwing my two cents worth in because in my experience there is nothing worse than being with someone who not only isn't, (um, for lack of better words) entirely satisfying or interested in even trying to find my buttons.
So i'd say the fact that you ARE pursuing that will certainly be noticed and if he's anything like me, greatly appreciated and will be honest throughout the journey smile