Having feelings for your step-sister

last reply
13 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quick back story. My mom got divorced. She remarried and her new husband had a daughter making her my new step-sister. Anyway I was "in love" with my new step-sister and developed some strong feelings. We slept together once and it was akward. So my question for y'all is this: Is it okay to have feelings for/
sleep with a step-sister? Btw this was before I met my S.O. And no, I have not slept with her since in case you were wondering.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i don't believe that qualifies as the 'I' word, and i don't think it's that unnatural - a sexy girl moves into your house, you're not related, you see a lot of each other in more intimate settings then you would most girls your age, yeah, i'd say it was perfectly natural. of course, as you said, moving on those feelings could be awkward.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clumeleon
0 likes
My grandfather re-married when all his children were grown and my dad went on to marry his step-sister (both couples still married).

It all comes down to age: how old were you when the two families merged? If you were raised from children under the same roof and treated practically as brother and sister then there are issues (in fact, it's illegal in Scotland).

If you were both, say, teenagers and started to have feelings for each other, it's probably understandable. With adults, no foul.

I have a step-sister and I've known her pretty much all my life. I think of her now as my sister, and I am an uncle to her son. It would be morally questionable for me to now have a relationship with her (even though we weren't raised under the same roof).

Grey area.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have had a step sister since like the 5th grade and I have wanted her since like 7th or 8th grade. A few years ago we both admitted to each other that we wanted each other and started to have a relationship but I think it was still in her head that I was her brother cause it kinda freaked her out a lil when we would start kissing. We only lasted like 2-3 weeks and then she started dating someone else while we were still together. Never did have sex with her.
Veni, vidi, vici" Julius Caesar 47 BC
Lurker
0 likes
@Sprite: Thanks.
@Clum: Thanks as well. I was 19 when my mom got remarried and my new step-sister was 17. The AOC varies depending on what state u are in.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Just a friendly reminder for all posters here: make sure to keep the discussion limited to age 18 or higher, even if you're just discussing feelings.

Thanks! X
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Beck
@Clum: Thanks as well. I was 19 when my mom got remarried and my new step-sister was 17. The AOC varies depending on what state u are in.

Och, that's fine then. You would never have seen her as your sister, just another hot girl whose dad happens to have married your mum. Just like the situation of my dad and step-mother.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
What if it happened in the reverse order?? You met a girl. Her mum was single, as was your dad. They met through you guys at some stage while you were dating and decided to marry shortly after. I dont see an issue either way. You're not related through blood. Its a little strange and awkward, but perfectly ok morally the way I look at it. Actually, its just too easy and convenient. I say continue seeing her, but keep it under wraps for a bit. You dont want to cause an issue with your parents and piss them off.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's perfectly normal. You're only related through your parents, otherwise you're just two people meeting through extraordinary circumstances. I've a friend who married his. The same thing happens with reuniting brothers and sisters who's been separated for whatever reason.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, and she is FUCKING GREAT!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hey....you know greg slept with marcia. just sayin.
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by littlemissbitch
hey....you know greg slept with marcia. just sayin.

Did he, or did he just fantaize about it, LOL!!

But back to the question, if a parent re-married when you were older and you wanted your step sister/brother, I guess it would be considered acceptable by society since you are not blood relatives. But if you were younger and grew up as brother and sister, while techincally you are not blood related, it would probably seem a little incestuous to most.

What about if Greg wanted Mrs. Brady?

And how about this one, Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones married this girl, she was 17 or 18. And his son married her mother. The sons Step Mom is also his Step Daughter. Makes for strange Holiday dinners, LOL!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a problem really, she wouldnt be blood related, so why not?
I hate loath and detest my step sister so I would never have to worry about it!!
Lurker
0 likes
There is nothing wrong with just having feelings for her. Sleeping with her depends on a myriad of social and psychological factors which some of the other members have already brought up. At this point, just take it as an experience in your life that came along and is now in the past. I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you.