Login

Guess I am an old idiot

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
OK, story is, I posted in the group "Bisexuals" about dick pics. One guy said he would love to share but wasnt a paid member (really? minimum 10 bucks for this ? ) and asked for an e-mail address. SMART me said in your dreams as horny me started typing my "other" address. Sure enough ----nothing. Week later , still, notta. Hmmmm , maybe went to my spam box. Check there and almost from the minute I posted have received dozens of spam messsages, none from him.
....Any old timers here have hints what to avoid in the future ?
Lurker
0 likes
Not sure why anyone would pay to be here.
0 likes
Quote by greymadder
Not sure why anyone would pay to be here.

A. To help Nicola pay the bills to keep this place that we all enjoy running.

B. To get rid of the bloody ads

C. There are perks with the various membership levels (e.g. Gold/Platinum get their stories to the top of the moderation queue)

So there you go. If you don't want to be a member, don't be. But don't throw shade at the ones who do. They help keep the lights on for all of us, even you.

Incidentally, I am not currently paying for various reasons but have in the past and may again some day.
0 likes
Quote by perrym
OK, story is, I posted in the group "Bisexuals" about dick pics. One guy said he would love to share but wasnt a paid member (really? minimum 10 bucks for this ? ) and asked for an e-mail address. SMART me said in your dreams as horny me started typing my "other" address. Sure enough ----nothing. Week later , still, notta. Hmmmm , maybe went to my spam box. Check there and almost from the minute I posted have received dozens of spam messsages, none from him.
....Any old timers here have hints what to avoid in the future ?

You pretty much answered your own question. Don't give out your e-mail address to someone until you can verify who he/she is. He/she phished you.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

A. To help Nicola pay the bills to keep this place that we all enjoy running.

B. To get rid of the bloody ads

C. There are perks with the various membership levels (e.g. Gold/Platinum get their stories to the top of the moderation queue)

So there you go. If you don't want to be a member, don't be. But don't throw shade at the ones who do. They help keep the lights on for all of us, even you.

Incidentally, I am not currently paying for various reasons but have in the past and may again some day.

Guess I just figured out why people pay. LOL!