Do you tip when you get a haircut.

last reply
35 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Oh yes.... lately I haven't been visiting salon due to Covid ...cut my hair on my own
Glass half full.
0 likes
Yes, I alway give my hairdresser a decent tip. If I could get a haircut under lockdown, I'd tip her double the amount!!

~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT.. Sorry, just realised this thread is for the guys ?. But if any of you guys cut hair...........
The Linebacker
0 likes
I've started cutting my own hair or my wife does it. Get a high quality barber set of clippers.

I used to go to the barber shop. Some barber shops for men don't take tips, and some just have a tip jar. For a while my wife got me to go to a hairstylist. My hair was very long at the time. The stylist was expensive and expected a tip of at least 20%.

After l went with short hair again, it was back to the barber. If course now, l can cut my hair myself at least every week or two at my convenience. I like a weekly haitcut.
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely. Although last week I was highly tempted to not leave a tip. I had a shave. It was the first time I had experienced the lady who gave me the cut and shave. Bad mistake. I thought I was in a production of Sweeny Todd. She was the worst. But I still gave her a decent tip. She works hard, but not well. I won't be back there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes minimum 20%, always cash for the tip so there is no charge taken for CC.