Chat style and preferences

last reply
23 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Ungovernable
0 likes
Guys, when you chat with someone who is NOT your significant other...

Do you expect to do most of the talking or directing, expect your partner to do most of the talking or directing, or allow for an equal exchange of ideas?

Does the preference change with the person you're chatting with?

To your mind, what distinguishes a "good" conversation from one that is lackluster? (Thank you hopp3r for the finely turned phrase!)

Doing some story research but also very curious about the topic. Want to ask more but this is a start.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I enjoy creating the idea and questioning about the triggers that will assist in achieving my chatting partners pleasures - I do however need some feedback as in if the scene, chat, words, ideas are creating the desired results! Its not easy to find the right creative and attentive chat partner...... i do enjoy to finish after my attempt is accomplished!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush
Guys, ...

Do you expect to do most of the talking or directing, expect your partner to do most of the talking or directing, or allow for an equal exchange of ideas?

Sorry not telling, you'll have to talk with me 1st ;)
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by Hytherion

Sorry not telling, you'll have to talk with me 1st ;)

Nice try, Hytherion ...
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by runonwords
I enjoy creating the idea and questioning about the triggers that will assist in achieving my chatting partners pleasures - I do however need some feedback as in if the scene, chat, words, ideas are creating the desired results! Its not easy to find the right creative and attentive chat partner...... i do enjoy to finish after my attempt is accomplished!

Thank you for your response! I'm curious how long it takes to learn those "triggers." Can it really be done in a single session, or over a longer period of time?

You definitely struck a nerve with "creative and attentive" for reasons I won't go into here. The way some people just drop on and offline, or have the ability to communicate in multiple browsers, IM, etc. it's difficult to believe one is getting anyone's full attention in a cyber sex situation, imho.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
An equal exchange of ideas to start is always where my preferences lie. As I start to get to know them it becomes easier to have one of us talk more than the other without it feeling dominating. In my opinion, a natural ebb and flow between speaker and listener is usually the sign of a comfortable and familiar rapport either built off of long periods of time or a deep, personal connection.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my head I prefer an equal exchange of ideas so we can bounce ideas off one another equally but in reality it's probably more 60-40 in favor of my partner, that way I know what makes the person I'm talking to click and I can keep the conversation relevant to things their interested in. Plus doing things that way mean I'm less likely to bore my chatting partner!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
TBH guys feel pleasure with only their dick but for girls, each part of their body is a button. Mutual suggestions are the best but I consider ladies first. Then again, it also depends on my partner. I want to satisfy them before satisfying myself. So I believe it changes with each person but mainly we both have a say.
Lurker
0 likes
I like to think I am a good listener and also that I am perfectly comfortable 'directing' the chat. So, either way is fine with me. I really believe the goal is for both parties to have a great time- and to want to play several times - so the ability and willingness to exchange ideas is vital. Plus, I am versatile, doing the exact same thing each time gets a bit dull. Variety is the spice.
0 likes
Quote by BarrneyTheDinosour
TBH guys feel pleasure with only their dick

Speak for yourself. I get pleasure from a number of body parts, even if orgasm is dick-focussed. Pleasure is more than orgasm.

As for chat, I rarely chat or cyber, but I like by-play back and forth. I'm not really a "take charge" guy but once I sense that I've hit a wavelength, I'll keep it going. But if she's the one who hits my wavelength, then I'll run with it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush

Nice try, Hytherion ...

seriously- I promise, you can apply when you are another 10 years older, and a little more mature

19 year olds ain't got nuthin' on a real woman
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10
In my head I prefer an equal exchange of ideas so we can bounce ideas off one another equally but in reality it's probably more 60-40 in favor of my partner, that way I know what makes the person I'm talking to click and I can keep the conversation relevant to things their interested in. Plus doing things that way mean I'm less likely to bore my chatting partner!

Haha, I like that, being mindful of not boring someone! Thanks for responding.
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by ralphbranca
I like to think I am a good listener and also that I am perfectly comfortable 'directing' the chat. So, either way is fine with me. I really believe the goal is for both parties to have a great time- and to want to play several times - so the ability and willingness to exchange ideas is vital. Plus, I am versatile, doing the exact same thing each time gets a bit dull. Variety is the spice.

"Want to play several times" in a single session or in different times, ralphbranca?

It's interesting to see these replies trend toward the "more than once." Very different from what I expected, or maybe the one-timers would rather not share here?
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by Hytherion

seriously- I promise, you can apply when you are another 10 years older, and a little more mature

19 year olds ain't got nuthin' on a real woman

Uh huh, and we don't remember the Queen of Soul and all that. Am seeing a lot of this particular opinion on Lush, which is probably why I'm getting so much writing done!

To play devil's advocate for a moment, how else are we supposed to "develop our chops"?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush

...To play devil's advocate for a moment, how else are we supposed to "develop our chops"?

You are doing fine, ask lots of questions,

... I'm curious how long it takes to learn those "triggers." Can it really be done in a single session, or over a longer period of time?

practice, practice

All the best ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush
Guys, when you chat with someone who is NOT your significant other...

Doing some story research but also curious about the topic. Want to ask more but this is a start.

When I'm chatting to a female acquaintance, I prefer an equal exchange of conversation. I like to ask her questions, and I like to listen to her responses. I like it when she asks me questions, and then listens to what I have to say.

This of course changes with the scenario under which the conversation is taking place. Sometimes women need to be told, need to reassured that they are special. In this scenario I would do all the talking, helping her to relax and feel good about herself...xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
well this is very general and i think you are gonna have to be more specific if you want to get accurate feedback but i guess in general in any given conversation or discussion equal exchange of ideas and suggestions are always the way to go! Of course the preference change depending on who you are talking to, it's not the same talking to a friend, colleague, stranger etc. And of course it depends on the situation! As i said in the beginning the conversation always varies depending on the partner and situation you are in, or at least that's my opinion.
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by Ooze_22
well this is very general and i think you are gonna have to be more specific if you want to get accurate feedback but i guess in general in any given conversation or discussion equal exchange of ideas and suggestions are always the way to go! Of course the preference change depending on who you are talking to, it's not the same talking to a friend, colleague, stranger etc. And of course it depends on the situation! As i said in the beginning the conversation always varies depending on the partner and situation you are in, or at least that's my opinion.

Had to start somewhere. In limited experience I've tried to contribute on par with my partner but have sensed more often than not that either he wants to do all the talking or have me do all the talking.

Anyway, I was planning on narrowing the lines of questioning as the topic progressed!
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by Mr_Misunderstood
I prefer equal contribution, and just go with the flow.

Thank you Mr_Misunderstood. I like that principle as well.
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by purpleshade

When I'm chatting to a female acquaintance, I prefer an equal exchange of conversation. I like to ask her questions, and I like to listen to her responses. I like it when she asks me questions, and then listens to what I have to say.

This of course changes with the scenario under which the conversation is taking place. Sometimes women need to be told, need to reassured that they are special. In this scenario I would do all the talking, helping her to relax and feel good about herself...xx

Thank you purpleshade. Questions are great triggers. Again, sensing your style is based on a well-established rapport with your partner.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush

Thank you purpleshade. Questions are great triggers. Again, sensing your style is based on a well-established rapport with your partner.

You're most welcome dear. I do have well established relationships but any new relationship, conversation, or interaction is a truly wonderful experience.

There are times when women just want a man to listen to them intentitively, I have found from experience that women do like to be told how wonderful, gorgeous, and pretty they are. Flattery is by no means a female only scenario, but applies equally to men as well.

Just being a good listener, a good talker, with sincerity is a wonderful virtue...xx
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
An equal exchange of ideas to start is always where my preferences lie. As I start to get to know them it becomes easier to have one of us talk more than the other without it feeling dominating. In my opinion, a natural ebb and flow between speaker and listener is usually the sign of a comfortable and familiar rapport either built off of long periods of time or a deep, personal connection.

Thank you hopp3r for your responses, and for offering yet another great way to ask the question! Will be modified accordingly...
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by purpleshade

You're most welcome dear. I do have well established relationships but any new relationship, conversation, or interaction is a truly wonderful experience.

There are times when women just want a man to listen to them intentitively, I have found from experience that women do like to be told how wonderful, gorgeous, and pretty they are. Flattery is by no means a female only scenario, but applies equally to men as well.

Just being a good listener, a good talker, with sincerity is a wonderful virtue...xx

Good listeners are at a premium. Keep on doing your part! smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush

Good listeners are at a premium. Keep on doing your part! smile

Thank you, I do try to do my part as best as possible. I feel that if I can help to relax the other person by listening to them, then this has a soothing effect on me too.

Normally I would start of by asking how their day went, how was work, or how they're feeling generally. It's a lovely feeling when someone feels confident enough to open up completely. When that person puts their complete trust, faith, and confidentiality in me me then I feel obliged to honor their trust.

I have never betrayed anyone's confidence. I have never been judgemental. As humans we are always bound to make mistakes or regret something in hindsight. It's sad when people start judging others or they betray their trust.

The world is full of misery enough without us trying to create even more. I love to listen. I love to talk. I only offer advice if it's wanted, never pushing advice in someone's face unnecessarily...xx