Anniversaries?

last reply
15 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
To those in a relationship or marriage: Do you celebrate anniversaries? If yes, do you actually like to, or is it just to make your girl happy?
The Linebacker
0 likes
I celebrated my second wedding anniversary this spring. Shell out the money! Gifts, flowers & dinner. Its worth it. Check out the anniversary gift theme lists. That makes it more special and they know you put time & thought into it.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I love to celebrate out wedding anniversary after 24 yrs i look forward to the next as does she
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kelsey000
To those in a relationship or marriage: Do you celebrate anniversaries? If yes, do you actually like to, or is it just to make your girl happy?

If I am politically correct I would answer : YES !!!

But if I am honest I would have to say : Anniversaries ? what anniversaries ?

I don't even remember my own birthday.
No joke, I always have to think hard to remember it.
Its based upon the fact that I really don't care how old I am,
and that I don't like to celebrate birthday's.

As for other anniversaries..... don't ask me the dates.
I totally suck at dates

It usually ends up with the girl telling me there is an anniversary coming up
and if was thinking about doing something special.

Although I hate that stuff, I end up doing it.... just to please them.
0 likes
Mrs. Seeker and I usually find some way to celebrate. This year, we're going to Yellowstone (although we keep moving the trip around so it won't actually be on our anniversary). Other years, we might just do dinner. Best ones are usually trips. I remember camping in a provincial park and hearing wolves howling on our first anniversary. And last year we were in Italy around the time of our anniversary.

This year is number 20 so I may break with tradition and buy a gift (we largely eschew gift-giving between each other).

And yes, I like to do it. The marriage belongs to both of us and is something worthy of celebration.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I like to.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
I'm big on celebrations. I love going big on occassions that don't necessarily require it. My wife doesn't look for a big celebration, so it's always fun to surprise her when she least expects it, or in a way that she hadn't yet imagined.
We've been married for 20 years. Many fun reasons and ways to mark the phases of our lives.
Lurker
0 likes
No I don't. After a couple anniversaries and valentine's day in which I spent alot of money and got not even a hand job in return, I said fuck it.
Lurker
0 likes
My husband loves it, he's the one that has to drag me away on vacations for our wedding anniversaries.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Yes, my girlfriend and I just celebrated our 6 year anniversary. we are not married yet, but I enjoy celebrating anniversaries.
Lurker
0 likes
Whoops what day was that? Oh did I forget again?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do like to celebrate anniversaries and actually June 25th, yesterday, is a special one for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Anniversaries are very important to me.Yesterday, June 25th was a very special day for me and one I am sure to celebrate every chance I get...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, we celebrate our wedding anniversary, April 1st...no kidding.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)